Dart GTS hood vs. 6 pack hood

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
i am gonna have some clearane issues with an air cleaner, so i figure why not throw on a new hood with a scoop.

i love the look of hoodscoops, but i'm sort of new to driving an Abody. whats the difference from teh Dart GTS hood cs. a 6 pack hood?

also, i was looking at AAR (everyone seems to be saying that they are the best) and they want $480-$490 for an entire hood.

i don't care about cutting up my stock hood at all. but how hard is it to do that and how much work will it require? if i decided to go that route, where is a good place to get a scoop?

i'm not necessarily looking for any scoop in particular, just want something that will give me more clearance for the aircleaner. also i think i'd prefer one single wide scoop(intead of like the dial snorlkles. not sure if i like the way those look)

i want a scoop that looks something similar to this though:

dart hood.jpg

that picture is the hemi scoop. personally i like the swinger/gts hood on a dart over the 6pack or hemi scoop.. but if you have clearance issues you may noty have a choice.

The 1972-73 Duster Demon Scoop Will Make A Nice Bolt On Scoop. Its Not Real Obtrusive To Look At.

I love the dual snorkel hood..I think it will work with the clearence prob as well...

Grassy

What are the differences between the 6 pack hood and the GTS good though? Thanks

And who sells a nice bolt on scoop that I can throw onto My stock hood.

Okay. Thanks abodyjoe. So I believe what I want is the 6 pack scoop

Hopefully I can find it cheaper than AAR from somewhere. Because I wouldn't mind just bolting it onto My hood and cutting up the old hood. (i'd get to use the plasma cutter!!)

Okay. Thanks abodyjoe. So I believe what I want is the 6 pack scoop

Hopefully I can find it cheaper than AAR from somewhere. Because I wouldn't mind just bolting it onto My hood and cutting up the old hood. (i'd get to use the plasma cutter!!)

yea the six pack hood looks better to me then the hemi. i'm pretty sure someone makes a bolt on one but not sure whop it is.

The AAR 6pack hood has a factory style scoop, and you can use the factory hood latch, but it has to come all the way from Florida.
Unlimited are in CA, but the quality is not quite as good, you will have to use hood pins, and their six pack scoop is a taller and slightly different shape to the factory scoop. I bought an unlimited, for the extra height and cheaper price, I'm happy enough with it.

The AAR 6pack hood has a factory style scoop, and you can use the factory hood latch, but it has to come all the way from Florida.
Unlimited are in CA, but the quality is not quite as good, you will have to use hood pins, and their six pack scoop is a taller and slightly different shape to the factory scoop. I bought an unlimited, for the extra height and cheaper price, I'm happy enough with it.

you bought an entire hood then right?
not just the scoop?

Yeah I bought the hood with scoop from unlimited, prior to this I had made a hood with a scoop that was molded off a suber bee hood, I'm still using that, but the unlimited hood is still better than the one I made, which bows really bad above 70mph. I will try and find some photos of the differences. Give me a few hours, I'm actually at work LOL

Hey what about a cowl induction hood?? :toothy10:

Juuuust kiiiiiiiiiiiidding guys. Don't get yer panties in a knot. :bootysha:

Wylde1.

Buy Cheap=Get Cheap. Their stuff is absolute CRAP, their customer service non-existent and their promised shipping day is an approximation give or take a month or two. I ended up with a pair of their front fenders through a trade, the wheel well openings were off from each other by 2", didn't fit with their own headlight panels, were different lengths overall by 1"+ etc. All these fiberglass products require tuning up for final fitment but their stuff was so bad I threw them away, lost a few hundred dollars in the process and was told by Unlimited to get stuffed.
I only have installed fiberglass fenders, hoods and scoops on 4 cars in the last two years so I am not an expert. My opinion based on what I have used: AAR-the best but pricey, Glasstek-Okay, WSJ Racing-almost okay but worlds better than Unlimited.

Buy Cheap=Get Cheap. Their stuff is absolute CRAP, their customer service non-existent and their promised shipping day is an approximation give or take a month or two. I ended up with a pair of their front fenders through a trade, the wheel well openings were off from each other by 2", didn't fit with their own headlight panels, were different lengths overall by 1"+ etc. All these fiberglass products require tuning up for final fitment but their stuff was so bad I threw them away, lost a few hundred dollars in the process and was told by Unlimited to get stuffed.
I only have installed fiberglass fenders, hoods and scoops on 4 cars in the last two years so I am not an expert. My opinion based on what I have used: AAR-the best but pricey, Glasstek-Okay, WSJ Racing-almost okay but worlds better than Unlimited.

thanks alot. i was getting ready to go through unlimited for the scoop.

does anybody think that their scoop itself is okay quality? for 140 bucks?

I had no problem with Unlimited, it was on time and well boxed, but the shape is not factory correct. The grey one is the unlimited, the black one has the correct shape scoop, see it's not as tall as the unlimited scoop.

P9050001.jpg

P9260002.jpg

Yeah, it really doesn't have a proper molded frame on the under side and it bows like a SOB at speed, I'm scared to take it over 100mph. Plus its got lots of cracks in the gell coat around the scoop where I bonded it to the hood, not helped by me hitting a concrete pole with it a few years back #-o

Yeah, it really doesn't have a proper molded frame on the under side and it bows like a SOB at speed, I'm scared to take it over 100mph. Plus its got lots of cracks in the gell coat around the scoop where I bonded it to the hood, not helped by me hitting a concrete pole with it a few years back #-o

ha ha. well thanks. i got an offer from a FABO member to buy a 5 inch scoop from glasstek for 80 bucks. just trying to find pics of the 5 inch six pack scoop to see if its too big

-
Back