Dart heart transplant soon

-

12swinger

Reaction score
I’ve had so many priorities, and the Dart was low on the list over the last few months, as wrapping up the Challenger resto is numero uno. I’m driving it nicer days, and working all the kinks out along the way as I go.
It’s about ready for a road trip, or the car show scene, whichever comes first.
Well it was hard to get over the .100” short pushrods I ordered for the Dart engine, due to I can’t read a 8” caliper, that says add .100 to the OA measurements, to the tune of 360 I think, through Trend a few months ago.
So I called them last month fully getting myself lubed for them again, and there closed for the Corona times. Be back after the 16th
I call the 20th or so, and there 2 weeks out.
I’m like wow I’ll let you know.
So I call Smith brothers earlier this week, and there very nice, and we can make you pushrods, they’ll go out today or tomorrow. 100 bones less to boot and they knock another 20 off as I’m a service business, when they ask for my address. I’m wow thanks.
Well I’ll wrap up installing pushrods and check my length again this time, and drop the engine in finally, and spend the next couple months sorting this car out, and finding all the pieces laying around for it.
So a 3250 pound 3.91 gear I have 4.56 also 372” 727 4500 stall heads flow around 290-300 I would estimate, solid roller .650ish 268-272 .050 I think. 11.5 ish compression 3.5” Scavenger collector 3.5” race mufflers 2” primary killer exhaust.
What’s this pig gonna run with traction?
Some of you guys have run similar, I have not.
In this car, I always had j heads on a 340 10 to 1 engine, and a smaller ft cam, 3” exhaust 11 second car though.
I fully intend to put some seat time this summer, in this car again, and will drive on the street some, and spend some time at the tracks around here till it’s sorted out.
There’s a robust no prep scene at a track down the road also. Could be cool idk

so what do you have for rubber to go down the track?
sounds like you will be twisting kinda high(rpm) I would probably go with the 4.56 gears

I have a set of Nitto Drag radials I need to finish off. They are low mile units that rubbed some on the Challenger so they were pulled off. 275/6015 ran high 11s on the Challenger.

The Dart have more wheel well room then the challenger?
28" tall tire. = 4.56 gears

The Dart have more wheel well room then the challenger?
28" tall tire. = 4.56 gears
Oh yeah and it’s got the same springs you got 02-03 super stock
Moved inboard with multiple ride height locations and frame connected, caged
A bigger tire will fit, I just want to see how fast I can go on that size tire.

You just want to see how long of a burnout, you can make with them.............So you can move on to bigger:D

Just kidding, then radials are close in side to my drag slicks.28/10.5/15 when i cross referenced your metric side it said 28/10.8/15:thumbsup:

I’ll be breaking it in with 3.91 gears.
May be able to run the quarter in second. Lol

I’ve pumped in some numbers on those silly quarter mile calculators, and one says 11.07
The other says 10.56
I was thinking 11.0 maybe 10.9 with the 3.91 and a couple tenths quicker with optimum traction and the 4.56
Though the Challenger is almost a second slower with the 3.23 versus the 3.91
12.7 versus 11.90
Car always ran around 7.47-7.56 1/8 mile at about any track, with old engine.

-
Back