Dart mini tub pics/ exhaust

-

zigs

Reaction score
I saw the cuda tub. Really nice job. My question is . I'm having my Dart mini tubed and springs moved in . I had to cut exhaust pipes as they were in the way. When it goes back together i can see that I will not be able to go the same way they were . Does anyone have good pictures of their darts after the tub and spring relocation.

Zigs

You either have to dump it ahead of the axle or lose the gas tank and put a cell in the trunk.

Or, you can narrow your stock tank. Cut a couple inches out of the right side so it sits centered in the car. You can also look at other tanks like 62-65 Fairlanes, but you would have to cut out the spare tire well.

over the rear through the springs and dump it behind the rear tires

Mini tubbed flush to the rails. 12 inch wheels and 29 x 14.5 tires. Wanted the factory look with the tips. The tailpipes are functional. So it can be done. I started at the R/T tips and worked my way to the mufflers. Took 3 inches out of the tank. I lost about 1 1/2 galons in tank. Never went anywhere where I needed to fuel up to come home, This car has 2 inch tube headers and a 3 1/2 in mandrel bent H pipe exhaust . We are remaking this exhaust with stainless . Headers to tips , so ths exhaust will be sold to the first taker.

Attachments

• dus1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 558
  • 20.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 582
  • DSCF0163.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 505
  • DSCF0090.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 527
There's proof right there that it can be done, but I had two different shops tell me they couldn't do it! I'm still looking for a shop that is willing to do the extra work.

Can you post some pics of the bends near the tank and springs?

Mine has the stock tank and has2 1/2 inch pipe all the way back.

Just find a good muffler shop who custom bends pipe.

Mine took around 3 hours to do,and has no rattles and is tucked up neatly in place

100_0168.jpg

Dart--3-22-2009011.jpg
Nice pics.,What are you running for tires front and back, Are they on 15's ?

-
Back