DART ON ROAD (oh YEAH)

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
It only took me 4 years and 10 months, but my Dart is finally on the street. I got slowed down thanks to living in an apartment (note: do not buy hot rod project if you don't have a garage), and various other work/life issues...but it's driveable (notice I didn't say finished)....

At this point I'm just happy as hell to be able to drive it at all. The 360 runs REAL strong, but it's a dawg off the line thanks to my stock 2.45 gears that are still in it...that will change.

My next big hurdle is a complete front end rebuild, new heater core (for my "winter" driving here in Texas) plus a late model starter and trunk batt kit.

http://media.putfile.com/Dart46

congratz on your rebuilt :toothy7:

I have known that feeling late this summer, after having work on front disc brake/rear axle swap. For the whole winter, and part of the summer...

By the way, I really like these wheels.

That is always a good feeling. And i can relate to you on the living in an apartment and trying to build a car. It does make it hard. At least I can use my friends shop to work on mine. Keep us posted on the update.

Nice!! Feels good to take that first ride!! Lots of paranoia.....but good!! :happy7: [-o<

Dave

Happy for you to get your car on the road. I know the feeling of driving a car after basically having it all apart. The dreaded twitch of watching all the gauges, sniffing the air, listening for any noises, makeing sure your car stays in your lane, etc.. The first couple of times will be nerve racking. Anxiety attacks.. is that my car smelling like it's on fire?, oil burning, is it me or does the car pull to one side? arrgggghhh!! Sorry just having flashbacks.

Listening for the sounds and expecting problems had me so worried I didn't enjoy driving it the first few times. I'm confident in it now, except for the front end. It plows real bad, and wallows so bad it will bottom the otherwise well-clearing headers.

I have a laundry list of things for it: Corbeau seats, more guages, MP3 stereo, subframe connectors, TSM rear disc kit, total rear axle build, 3.55s, Suregrip, long wheel studs, stainless brake lines, new master cylinder, late model starter, electric cooling fans, taking out power steering, fix the moon roof, rebuild trans w/ shift kit, new guts, cast pan, stall, wider rubber (235s on back are going to front and getting new 275s for back) and a whole lot more....

One crisis at a time though, and the front end just isn't safe at this point.

Congrats! good job! Sure is a good feeling to get it moving. But I hear ya on not feeling real good the first few times out. I was a nervous wreck when I first took mine out. But luckily all went well. Keep up the good work!

thanks pyro 8)

Military experience showed this to be true :laughing:

well, yes and no. It needs a rearend, but I already have it covered. I'm keeping the 8.25, but with 3.55 or 3.23 gears, Suregrip, LPW diff cover and stud kit.

Cause I have an A-body 8 3/4 that I'm taking out of the dart in the pic below. I do have a guy close to me that might be interested though. Just something to think about. And by the way, Did I tell you good job? :)

nice dart! :thumrigh: what year? 75? what color interior creme? looks great as is............i do agree the tires in rear are a little small. will look meaner with fat new shoes in the rear. are those 14 or 15? keep us informed

-
Back