-
Status
Not open for further replies.

modart440

Reaction score
Rating - 80%
4   1   0
Contact seller
dart rear frame rail section needed.I'm working on a 68 dart and need the rear frame rail section from the rear tail panel going forward about 24 inches on both the passenger and driver side of the car.Also if the rear shackle mount is still attached would be perfect.
thanks

dart rear frame rail section needed.I'm working on a 68 dart and need the rear frame rail section from the rear tail panel going forward about 24 inches on both the passenger and driver side of the car.Also if the rear shackle mount is still attached would be perfect.
thanks

i have one side. i will check to see how long it is

You might want to check out this web site autorust.com i have use them they are great !!!

It looks like autorust sells caps, I'm dealing with the same issue on my '68 dart and just started fabricating a pair 20" from the bumper forward, I was'nt interested in capping scaled rust.

I'm just finishing grafting the whole rear off a donar car.. Along with my frame rails being bad, my spare tire well was rotten, and one rear spring perch, so I just found a good donor car, a 4 door no less, and transplanted the whole thing,, from the seam in front of the well, then split it at the bottom of the fenders, sawed under tailites, and small cut each side of lower trunk opening,,

You may want to see if that a better option for you,, and my donor car cost $100.. hope it helps, I'll post some pix.. grant

Attachments

• Dart 2 062.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 263
  • Dart 2 063.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Dart 2 065.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Dart 2 067.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Dart 2 069.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 271
not looking for caps.I want original parts,the flange that connects to the trunk pan area is a little questionable also.so caps aren't going to help me.
Thanks for all the replies,anyone else know somebody that might have these parts.Where i live parts cars do not exist (only rusty ones)

I'm just finishing grafting the whole rear off a donar car.. Along with my frame rails being bad, my spare tire well was rotten, and one rear spring perch, so I just found a good donor car, a 4 door no less, and transplanted the whole thing,, from the seam in front of the well, then split it at the bottom of the fenders, sawed under tailites, and small cut each side of lower trunk opening,,

You may want to see if that a better option for you,, and my donor car cost $100.. hope it helps, I'll post some pix.. grant
Damn Grant, you aint messing around. Is that the car the pedal was for????

I have a parts car but shipping would be a killer.
There are cars within a reasonable distance, the challenge is just finding them.

That's the way I'd do it.

Remember a 4 door sedan trunk and junk will fit...

Damn Grant, you aint messing around. Is that the car the pedal was for????

Hey Doug,, no the pedal is for the car in my avatar, which I've owned since new. It gets put together starting this May, -untill it'sdone..

The car in the pic is for a guy who saw my son and I building a Dart ,, he'd had one as a kid, and asked me to build one for him.. A GTS clone..

You know,.. being retired,, -- I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I HAD TIME FOR A JOB ! ! ! !

I'll attach pix of son's car, before and after, took about a year... cheers. . grant

Attachments

• Dart pre July 15th, 2011 039.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 245
  • Dart 2 045.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 263
I have them too. Cut them anywhere you want from rust free rear rails with the rear shackle mount sections.

Cross border shipping sucks but they can go USPS. $100/side + shipping

I have a pair from a 66 I think are the same with the spring mounts. I could cut them where you decide and ship them USPS for 150 each. I am just south of Detroit Michigan.

i have one driver side only 12 inches
35.00 plus shipping

Attachments

• parts 001.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 215
thanks for all the replies,I think I've got some coming from crackedback.I'll update once I know for sure.
thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back