dart roof replacement

-

cjoseph

Reaction score
just picked up a 1970 dart swinger. super clean and straight car with very little rust. unfortunately it had a vinyl top and has some bad damage underneath. I can easily locate pieces to replace the rust damage below the rear window. the car has holes in the roof just above the front windshield. I cannot find patch panels. I can make them (its a lot of work) but was more interested getting a new roof skin. my searches have found just about every roof skin except the dart swinger roof. does anyone have a source for one? thanks in advance!

I believe good used is your only option.

Nothing from AMD ? The skin is the same from 1967 to 1976 for the 2 door hardtop cars.

Nope, nothing from AMD. Not being reproduced as of yet. Your only option is to find a good donor car or buy one from someone parting one out.

thank you for the quick replies. whitepunk I pmd you.

I cut one off a '74/75 about 2 wks ago. Center of windshield posts and below seam on quarter. Surface rust but no holes. Can get a picture in a day or so if someone is interested. May be expensive to ship whole roof to Cali., but maybe panels as whitepunk stated.

South Central Pennsylvania. Half way between Cumberland, Maryland and Bedford, Pa.

-
Back