Status
Not open for further replies.

71ChallengerSE

A, B, & E Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am 17 and trying to find the parts I need to convert my 75 Dart Swinger to look like the 70-72 Swingers. So far I have the hood, drivers fender grille, rear bumper brackets and front end caps. I am looking for a 70-73 rear bumper, rear valence, quarter extensions, passenger fender, front valence, front bumper and brackets. I don't have much cash to spend but any leads I get will really help my project.

Thanks,
Chris

Seriously though...After owning my Dart for 5 years, I have only came across a few decent valences (usually they are dented). So if you don't get lucky on here and don't mind a little body work, you should be fine. Either that or you get stiffed from somebody trying to sell you a decent piece (these parts are getting hard to come by). My advice...Be patient and you may just get lucky. Best of luck.

Seriously though...After owning my Dart for 5 years, I have only came across a few decent valences (usually they are dented). So if you don't get lucky on here and don't mind a little body work, you should be fine. Either that or you get stiffed from somebody trying to sell you a decent piece (these parts are getting hard to come by). My advice...Be patient and you may just get lucky. Best of luck.

It can't be any harder than finding a duel exhaust rear valence for a 1971 Dodge Challenger. I also do all my own body work and paint, a smashed one wouldn't be a problem.

Hey Chris, just wondering what you got with your MM Young Gun gift certificate? Anything cool.

Good luck with the conversion. I have nothing to offer of what you need.

Noel

Hey Chris, just wondering what you got with your MM Young Gun gift certificate? Anything cool.

Good luck with the conversion. I have nothing to offer of what you need.

Noel

I got the comp cams xtreme energy cam kit for the 383 I am building to put in my 71 Challenger.

If you come to NC i have a rear bumper from a 73 and some rear caps ... and theres a local yard that has a passenger side fender and a dented but fixable front valance!! zip is 27023 in case u get vacation time lol

The rear panel spot-welded to the quarters is different. Some one on this site has pics of their '70ish clone project, made from a later dart. try searching keywords clone, conversion, spot weld...
Anyone know off hand which thread or of whom I speak?

A parts car would be the way to go. You would pay less for the whole car then all touse parts indivdually. You are going to need the whole back end off of a 70-72 Swinger to do it right. The back end of your 75 needs to be cut off and the 70-72 needs to be welded on. Its do able but not easy.

Good luck to you.

It can't be any harder than finding a duel exhaust rear valence for a 1971 Dodge Challenger. I also do all my own body work and paint, a smashed one wouldn't be a problem.

True, just making sure you wouldn't mind a smashed one since you may not have much choice with the type of money you are talking about. I guess it took me a long time to find a nice valence, hood, and fenders because I wasn't using this site at the time.

The rear panel spot-welded to the quarters is different. Some one on this site has pics of their '70ish clone project, made from a later dart. try searching keywords clone, conversion, spot weld...

It's greendart72.

Yeah I know have to change the back panel and a parts car would be the best bet, but there are none around here. I have actually talked to some one who put the 70-73 bumper on his 74 without changing out the panel. I plan on going this route because it is just going to be a driver.

Search threads by Greendart72, it will be very educational ... Oh, wait, no, I mean it will be very entertaining... you won't learn a thing, really. It's the weekend. ( I'm the parent of a teen )

Ok here is an updated list of what I need to finish the conversion.

70-72 Dart/Demon front bumper
70-72 Dart/Demon front bumper brackets
70-72 Dart/Demon hood latch support
71-73 Dart Drivers side tail light lenses
70-73 Dart/Scamp rear valence (any condition)
70-73 Dart/Scamp drivers side quarter extension cap
70-72 Dart/Scamp rear bumperetts

17 and you have a 71 challenger, must be rough.:salute:

Hey bud, I have some parts off my 70 dart, I have trunk lid, hood, front bumper, front valance, passanger fender, rear fender extentions, and i think some grill pieces. let me know if you want, shipping maybe a little expensive, but hit me up and we can work a deal.

-Chris

try vicks classic cars in chesnee, SC

google him

no website

but hes got stuff from 1930;s to current

i was there a few times

he does have a bunch of good a bodies 73 and up

should of told you bout 75 dart a guy near me gave away for 400!! whole car in SC, if i seen any ore on CL near me i will post it from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back