Dart Sport Blackouts!

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Just finished the new blackouts........Hood, and around the body lip, then finished in gold. Like a new ride all over again. (this job was a PAIN in the grass)...........darn camera went haywire just as I started to shoot....forgive the bad framin'..........

112_1204.jpg

111_1200.jpg

112_1201.jpg

Tom, that's beautiful!!!! I love the way the hood black-out looks. It really compliments the rest of the car! NICE!!!!!!!!!

Looks fatastic Doc!! After what you went through it has to make it even more satisfying that it turned out as great as it did. Really nice work!!

i must say i'm impressed! the artistic interpiation you took looks tastful and still retains a classic look. great job indeed.:cheers:

I have to tell you guys that I did NOT paint the 2 tone red/silver on the car.....

Do you remember the limited number of Dodge Pick-Ups that came with that paint scheme? Someone before me had the car painted to match their Ram, and even had Ram stickers in the side windows....(puke).

I striped the car, and did a facelift & some different chrome.......THEN, I did the blackouts to see if I could live with the 2 tone red/silver.

I wish that the car was a High-Impact such as Plum Crazy or Sassy Grass.......Those 2 colors really pop with the white interior............BUT, I'm not able to paint the whole car right now, so I tried what you guys see in the pics.

The red actually has some ground glass in it.

I guess I can drive it, and the blackouts definitely saved me from the overall paint scheme that it had........but I'd still like to finish the job.

If the car doesn't sell at the shows it's scheduled for in the next couple of months, it's gonna get a color change. 8)8)8)

-
Back