Dart Sport Exhaust Tips

-

kman521

Reaction score
I'm trying to find correct 74 Dart Sport exhaust tips that match the factory ones except for fitting a 2.5" exhaust.
There are a lot of places selling them but when I get the dimensions they are not correct and will hang lower or further inward or outward compared to the stock ones. I prefer stainless but chrome will do if they fit correctly.
According to the measurements I've been given the stock ones are 17.75" long overall, and from where the hanger bracket is welded to the tip they should be 8.5" to the back of the tip and the L mounting bracket should be 1" in height.
I found these but I have not been able to find out any further info by calling.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-68-69-70-71-72-73-74-Valiant-Dart-Duster-Demon-Exhaust-Tips-Pair-2-1-2-/310361095908?fits=Make:Dodge|Model:Dart|Submodel:Sport&hash=item4842f67ee4&item=310361095908&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_973

Has anyone purchased from these guys?
Does anyone know where I can get correct tips in 2.5 inch?

Thanks,

Hard to see but i bought these from e bay not sure who , but they are about 5 years old now and still like new , but are only 21/4.

I bought these from e bay not sur who , but are well made and still look very nice after 5 years old but are only 2 1/4

Attachments

• Back view (640x480).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 564
  • car side on (640x480).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 391
KT340 thanks for those pics they look good but the problem is there are quite a few people on ebay selling these tips and not all of them are good.

Dogbreath, funny you should mention Accurate because I inquired about theirs after posting this thread and their tip dimensions are as close to factory in a 2.5" that I've seen so I am ordering from them.

FYI,
Tom at Accurate did mention they only list them working up to 73. In 74 because of the factory shock mounted bumpers they will require a custom made hanger or removal of the shock bumper system.

Thanks guys,

-
Back