Dart Sport window play

-

Michael Nelson

1974 Dart Sport 360 4 speed
Reaction score
I have a 74 dart sport and I have had this issue with no solution. My drivers window has play between the fabric trim that's screwed to the actual door and the interior trim. My passenger doors gap is super tight and has no play while drivers is like 1/4 to 1/2 and if I max out the adjusters up top then the glass is sticking out too far. Looked at the assembly and everything is in good shape. It just seems like the inmer and outer door shells are supposed to be closer.

When I got the car that's how it was but I'm not a fan of the glass wobbling around whenever it's not fully up.

I would check to see if the window sweepers (Belt line moldings) are worn out first, the driver's side does get most use. Next, the glass adjusters up top for the in & out of the glass could be worn also, they usually have some kind of fuzzy/anti-rattle material on them, & last but surely not least, the window regulator itself may be worn out causing slop. Door glass can be difficult to adjust correctly, so a factory service manual for your car would be a must. They are worth their weight in gold & very helpful for stuff like this. You should have no problem finding one either, just don't buy a Haynes, Chilton or something similar, they're not as good as a FACTORY service manual.

From what I've inspected all the parts are good so unless someone else has input I'll guess I'll have to dig up a manual

-
Back