Dart Wagon, finally move'in forward!!

-

T-REX

Reaction score
Finally got my ole wagon wher U kan see a lil positive movement...Painted tha engine compartment(Groovy Grape, a pearlesent purple), installed tha brakes, lines, steering, Kframe, new front end, A/C, rearend, new springs w/teflon bush'inz...Still on the rotisery, but not far off hitt'in tha ground...Heres a few pics...REX

MVC-847F.JPG

MVC-848F.JPG

MVC-849F.JPG

MVC-850F.JPG

MVC-851F.JPG

It'z a 1966 Dart...it's the "Basterd Child" ov Dodge darts...The sheetmetal on a 66 is diffrent than any other...66 wuz a yeer by it's self!!...63,64 & 65 had round front end, 66 totally changed front cap(and sum other body stuff), then 67 brought on the bigger A-body....I quess it makes it a lil mo rare, but sho iz hard find'in parts!!!...REX

Great car Rex! I know finding parts can be a *****, but just think when it's finished.

So, what's the big picture for it's completion? Small block w/auto? Big block -4spd.? Turbocharged 6 w/ 4spd. overdrive auto? V-10? :yawinkle:

Or are you gonna shove a big old Allison in the back like the old drag car? :D

I like it. Looking good. That's cheating, having it on that roundy round spinning thing. Looks like you banged a gong and got it on to get it this far. Don't those one year only things drive ya crazy finding parts for. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. Ray

Love that color. Good luck and can't wait to see more progress.

Untitled.jpg

I know the feeling looking for parts for a wagon as I have a 64 and a cut up one for parts. Any time I ask for dart parts they say "sure no problem" then I add it's for a wagon and they come up with "they made a dart wagon?" I'll keep an eye out for some parts for ya if you do the same for me on a 64.

Thankz guyz...it's been a long time in kumm'im...it's been on tha BBQ for 2 yeerz now...I bled out the brakes, and will install tha steer'in column tomorrow, and it will hit the ground, first time in 2 lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng yeers...

Fastback340...it will have a warmed over 318/4barrell/284hyd/AC/PS/PB...69 340 exhaust manifolds, tightened up 904/2500stall...2:76 rear end/14" aluminium slots(small bolt pattern) on all fours(5X14 front, and 8X14rear)

I have a few mo pics later, when it makes a few more steps...thankz, REX

nice car, always liked wagons. color is nice too.

please speak english though, and not this jibberish stuff your typing, makes you look like a 14 year old drop out.

64dartwagon said:
I know the feeling looking for parts for a wagon .

Yep, i know that feelin too...
6 and half year i was searching a tailgate for my wagon, finally found it from Oregon, there was one man who has seen my want to buy add in slant six of america pages, he send me a e-mail and i send one back, so finally got one...
And one of my friend was in California last year and find a list which i been searching a long time, back roof list to the driver's side corner, chrome list to the roof corner...
Well, my friend went to the office and ask a seller " there is one valiant there where is roof list, how much?
Seller says "10 bucks, show me the car and i will take that off for you..."
They went to the Valiant and the seller saw it; "oh, that WAGON list, that's 100 bucks..."
Well, i bought it any way...

turbodart said:
nice car, always liked wagons. color is nice too.

please speak english though, and not this jibberish stuff your typing, makes you look like a 14 year old drop out.

Juss what doez a 14 yeer old drop out look like???....I alwayz said when I got outta skool, I would talk, an spell az I damm well pleezed, kuz I HATED English class...I'm 52 yeerz old, an I purdy much have got my point across wit out have'in ta show wher I stuck an adjitive, or leff out a noun, or put too many pro-nounz...So, thankz fer tha kind words about my ole wagon, but az fer my jibberish, I'm too ole ta be skolded about tha way I been talk'in fer tha lass 40 yeerz!!!!

U have a nice day, an will refrane from use'in so many ov them proverbial, nownish type adjitivez...REX

Sweet stuff bro!!! I was always a big wagon fan! Looks pretty damn cool! Can't wait to see what this is gonna look like finished!

Man that's going to be a great beast when completed. Wagons are on there way back/in big time so your right where the money is "Cool" and nice to see. I know it's not cheap, but must be nice havin the correct working toys and "cool" shop to do your project. :tongue2: I'm just a open carport boy from rainy BC I smell 6/49... :toothy7:

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0020.JPG

70 Duster (Small).JPG

DSC01424a.jpg
[/IMG]
That is really cool. I wish I had the room to do my 65 wagon like that. What motor are you going to use in it? You wouldn't know where I could find a set of quarter glass gaskets for my wagon would you? Ed

Way to go T-Rex!! Lookin really good. Yup, 66 is a one-off year for the front end and I've been looking for years for a parts car for mine. Finally found a 65, which is great for everything EXCEPT the front end pieces. Keep up the good work. Oh, and make sure you don't leave any of those 'nownish type adjitivez' in the glove box - they rattle like a bastard. :)

Looking good. Can't wait to see it done. And I know what you mean about tryin to find parts for 66 Dart. I have had mine 11 years, and just found aparts car for it. Here is a link to an all Mopar wrecking yard here in Oregon. Might help yopu that are having a hard time finding some of the stuff you need.
http://www.wildcatmopars.com/partslist.asp

dartcuda said:
Looking good. Can't wait to see it done. And I know what you mean about tryin to find parts for 66 Dart. I have had mine 11 years, and just found aparts car for it. Here is a link to an all Mopar wrecking yard here in Oregon. Might help yopu that are having a hard time finding some of the stuff you need.
http://www.wildcatmopars.com/partslist.asp
yep he is right 66 was that 'in it self year' kinda sucks but thats all the more reason to fix one :yawinkle:

1966 dart wagon said:
yep he is right 66 was that 'in it self year' kinda sucks but thats all the more reason to fix one :yawinkle:

Just right and nothing to say...

Just imaging this; i live in Finland, it is thousand's of miles to the States, we have a three countries next to us; Sweden, Norway, Russia...
Guess what is the problem built a '66 Dodge Dart Wagon...

Dscf0036.jpg

Whatz up Guyz??...Been a while, but ain't give up tha ole Wagon...I took tha summer off tha car to do my lil drag boat thangie, so wagon progress slowed to a crawl!!...If I could juss build be a race mota(OB) to lass a couple seasons witout work'in on them, I would have more time!!!...I have actually made my decision to quit race'in boats(organized race'in!) so I kan make a few more social events, bith boat and car...Kako, U'll have to keep tha pics and tales kum'in, Kuz I'm afraid Finland iz a lil outta my reach...:)....

I haven't posted any pics kuz sumone liked my digital camera more than me, Kuz they helped themselves to it at a boat race this summer...I been want'in to brang thangs up to speed, and say thanks for all tha reply's, but juss have had a busy schedule(plus my puter iz at my shop now, so it'z either work, or puter, so puter is last on tha list)...

OK, I built a billet Aluminium Dash(inst cluster/ac controles), have dash painted and in car...Car is wired...everthang works except the a/c blower motor(but thats anuther story)...Engine is in, exhaust(69 340 dart) on and piped to mufflers...Drive train ready and the car is on all 4's...Power disc brakes work great...Power steer'in good to go...Fired engine, filled with Trans fluid, tranny good to go...Engine sounds good(for hang'in on engine stand for 3 yeers since built!)...So it'z now move'in under it'z own power!!!YAHOOOOOOOO.....Now kumz tha finish'in body work, and find'in out what I'm miss'in(or actually have, but fergot wher tha hell I have put them!!)...

Everone have a good Christmas, and I hope santa brangz ya a hole truckload ov Dart parts!!!........REX

-
Back