Dart windshield installation

-

sparkyct

Reaction score
Had to remove my windshield on my '72 Swinger to repair the windshield post. Now I'm ready to install. Have new weatherstrip also. Anybody have instructions? I remember long ago installing one on a VW bug. Putting a rope inside the groove, having someone push on the windshied and pulling the rope out. Same thing? What caulking will I need and where does it go?

I beleave the string is for the back window. I could be wrong. Any auto glass store will have the caulk. Personally I would have a pro do it . Get a couple bids. I think i payed $75.

I beleave the string is for the back window. I could be wrong. Any auto glass store will have the caulk. Personally I would have a pro do it . Get a couple bids. I think i payed $75.

X2!!!
Well worth the $100.00!!!!
Besides if it leaks, then they have to redo it not YOU!!!!:!:
If they break it on install, thats them too not YOU!
Said it, done! LOL!

step one pick up the phone and call a pro

step two wait for them to get to the car

step three sit back and watch them work

step four get in car drive and have fun

I hired a window pro and I'm glad I did they installed the gasket in the car then sat the windshield in the bottom lip then worked the locking strip in to place, then there was the outer locking strip. It was worth the $100 bucks I'm glad I didn't even try.
dodgedartCassiniranch006.jpg

X2!!!
Well worth the $100.00!!!!
Besides if it leaks, then they have to redo it not YOU!!!!:!:
If they break it on install, thats them too not YOU!
Said it, done! LOL!

Yes and besides Mopars are a ***** to put in. I spent an hour pulling the rear window from a 72 Dart. It had the original tar and belting and still as tight as the day it was put in.

-
Back