Darts First Test Drive.

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
so i messed around with the upper control arms today to get the wheels atleast somewhat in the right directions,, goes for alignmenr on thursday but i wanted to drive it....

idle is a bit high, easy fix, shifts too early, easy fix, alignment way off.. thats the bad...

the good is: the 11.75 front brakes are a huge difference.. way more then i expected. the steering box feels great even with the alignment out,, it is hissing dome so i'll call pete monday about that. the shocks are an incredible improvement.. with 1" bars, 130 pound rear springs and kyb shocks it would chatter and kinda move the car sideways over washboard type of bumps in the road if that makes sense... the car now has 1.08 bars, the same 130 pound rear springs and bilsiein shocks all the way around.. i hit those bumps right down the road from my house and noticed the differnce right away, i felt the washboard but the car stayed in place and didn;t jump around...

one of the things i'm really happy with is that the windshield washers work again...lol.. its something stupid but make sme happy.

oh, one more thing.. the exhaust dron is worse.. i'll drive it more and see how bad it really is.. may be in the market for different mufflers... hate muffler shopping.. never know what is gonna drone and what isn't..

Last edited:
You haven't gotten any responses, maybe everyone is gun-shy to click on the Title; 'Fist Test Drive'...........hope the Dart's not low on lube......

I've been following along. When you decide to tackle the mufflers message VOETOM and he'll help you pick a good flowing pair.

has these on it. not a fan of flowmaster...

muffler 2.jpg
mufflers 1.jpg

Mufflers is a tough one. A muffler that sounds great on one car sound horrible on another.

I love the Dynomax Ultra Flo on my Barracuda. So put some on my fox body and they sounded terrible. So swapped on Dynomax Super Turbos on the fox body which turned out great.

With 340 manifolds 2 1/4 outlet going into 2 1/2 TTI head pipes, I ran that combo once, something like a Dynomax Super Turbo should get rid of drone.

You are mechanically inclined enough...that you should be able to get that alignment dang close if not within spec by feel.

Mufflers is a tough one. A muffler that sounds great on one car sound horrible on another.

I love the Dynomax Ultra Flo on my Barracuda. So put some on my fox body and they sounded terrible. So swapped on Dynomax Super Turbos on the fox body which turned out great.

With 340 manifolds 2 1/4 outlet going into 2 1/2 TTI head pipes, I ran that combo once, something like a Dynomax Super Turbo should get rid of drone.

the dynomax super turbos are weird. seem to drone bad with manifolds and not so much with headers in my experience. once aligned I'll drive it and see how it really is.

fox bodies originally had two different lengths to eliminate drone. I'm sure you know that with all the fox stuff you do.

I'm 2.5" from the manifold to the bumper with an X Pipe.

-
Back