Darts former owner

-

DartGT55

Reaction score
Does anyone know who the former owner of this Dart is.it was bought in Connecticut about 6 weeks ago at a dealership.Dealer said he couldn’t get in touch with him so iam at a dead end trying to find engine spec etc.Would like to ask him a few questions about the car. Thanks to anyone that could help.

B038F769-5B65-4282-BEE9-C6FF669A2BA0.jpeg

EB8A5FA8-D8A3-468E-8C1B-98D2EA5B19C4.jpeg

F608E7F9-8AD6-4E77-BF31-38C5E4133D30.jpeg

Pretty strange that the dealer has no contact information for a person who he bought and sold a car for. Consignment/trade-in? Nice looking car though.

Pretty strange that the dealer has no contact information for a person who he bought and sold a car for. Consignment/trade-in? Nice looking car though.
He said he can’t get a hold of owner on a number of times and he won’t give me his phone number so that’s where iam at and I don’t want to dlssect the car

He said he can’t get a hold of owner on a number of times and he won’t give me his phone number so that’s where iam at and I don’t want to dlssect the car
But iam finding little things that I don’t like and have already fix them

Checking out all of the pictures, someone did a lot of work to that car. Napoli Classics

Last edited:
I'm no expert on Connecticut Mopars, but in my 40 years, i don't recognize it, at least from the Hartford area. Nice score though.

I'm no expert on Connecticut Mopars, but in my 40 years, i don't recognize it, at least from the Hartford area. Nice score though.
Car was total restored all new 1/4s trunk pan etc have all the pictures but a few things were rushed it looks like toward the end. But overall car is is great shape springs in rear were also moved inward and minitubed

Car was total restored all new 1/4s trunk pan etc have all the pictures but a few things were rushed it looks like toward the end. But overall car is is great shape springs in rear were also moved inward and minitubed
Car I think was from California the title was from there

That's why they don't give the owner's number. Washes the owner clean of the transaction and possible liabilities.

Best bet is getting that when you are in negotiation. But it sounds almost like this car has been flipped a couple times, so the last owner that consigned it may know nothing.

It's really frustrating. The intent of these people is just moving a commodity. They have no care about someone maintaining this car and enjoying it.

On the flip side. I know a guy that personally restored an AAR to a high level. It's been sold a couple times in last 3 years for over six figures. He would love to share info with the current owners... None of them care to connect with him!!!

Last edited:
Checking out all of the pictures, someone did a lot of work to that car. Napoli Classics
You need to see the before pictures with both 1/4s replaced and metal work done

That's why they don't give the owner's number. Washes the owner clean of the transaction and possible liabilities.

Best bet is getting that when you are in negotiation. But it sounds almost like this car has been flipped a couple times, so the last owner that consigned it may know nothing.
Over all car is in great shape just a few things were rushed at the end of build

It's really frustrating. The intent of these people is just moving a commodity. They have no care about someone maintaining this car and enjoying it.

On the flip side. I know a guy that personally restored an AAR to a high level. It's been sold a couple times in last 3 years for over six figures. He would love to share info with the current owners... None of them care to connect with him!!!
Iam enjoying the car very much have been to about 6 car meet ups everyone that looks at the car likes it it would just make life easier if I had the info I was looking for but I’ll find out eventually so in the mean time iam going to enjoy myself

Iam enjoying the car very much have been to about 6 car meet ups everyone that looks at the car likes it it would just make life easier if I had the info I was looking for but I’ll find out eventually so in the mean time iam going to enjoy myself

Try some google image searches.

Looks like a Rocky Mountain aluminum dash fascia??? Maybe search forums for a person asking about those?

Is that the 1" taller than original Super Stock scoop? Maybe search for someone asking about that?

If it’s not up to your standards either fix it or get rid of it like the others did. I agree from the pics u posted that it seems to be a great car. Kim

If you haven't done so already, Google the vin and see if any threads or for sale ads on the car from long ago. I'd definitely would also check out hamtramck-historical.com and see if any info there.

If it’s not up to your standards either fix it or get rid of it like the others did. I agree from the pics u posted that it seems to be a great car. Kim
It’s just little things like missing sun visor clips ,seat belt clips broken radio antenna cable broken ,worn out rear view mirror just little things

It’s just little things like missing sun visor clips ,seat belt clips broken radio antenna cable broken ,worn out rear view mirror just little things

Sounds like minor stuff.

But it would be very helpful if you knew the cam specs or compression. Just for future tuning.

Consider buying a $50 cordless endoscope. They are very handy. I have a Depstech one.
You might be able to look inside combustion chamber and read a piston part number or take a picture to see if anyone recognizes anything. Depending on intake, you could look down ports to see if heads were ported.

Sounds like minor stuff.

But it would be very helpful if you knew the cam specs or compression. Just for future tuning.

Consider buying a $50 cordless endoscope. They are very handy. I have a Depstech one.
You might be able to look inside combustion chamber and read a piston part number or take a picture to see if anyone recognizes anything. Depending on intake, you could look down ports to see if heads were ported.
That’s all I really wanted from the owner was those thins all he could say was newly rebuild with 30 over pistons and ratings of around 400 hp I will say I can burn the tires off it if I wanted it puts back in the seat a little bit

-
Back