Darts former owner

-
It’s just little things like missing sun visor clips ,seat belt clips broken radio antenna cable broken ,worn out rear view mirror just little things
If the mirror is wobbling around at the windshield mount u can take it down a take the ball socket off, give it a little tap with a ball peen hammer ad since it back together. But if it’s worn out at the mirror u may have to get creative. Kim.

If the mirror is wobbling around at the windshield mount u can take it down a take the ball socket off, give it a little tap with a ball peen hammer ad since it back together. But if it’s worn out at the mirror u may have to get creative. Kim.
It’s just a little loose I need to take it down and look at it a new one about 81 bucks

Checking out all of the pictures, someone did a lot of work to that car. Napoli Classics
You should see the pictures of both 1/4s being replaced as well as other metal work that was down

Nice looking car.

Hate to throw cold water on this, but even if you find the previous owner you may still hit a dead end. If the PO wasn’t the one who originally built the car, he may not know any more about it than you do.

The guy I bought my 68 Valiant from was one of those people (nothing against anyone by the way). He bought the car about a year before I bought it from him, raced it a couple of times and put it up for sale. Basically, he was just going by what the guy he bought it from had told him. There were a lot of things about the car he just didn’t know about (if he had I’m sure they would have been listed in his ad). I bought the car to re-motor and those things I was mostly concerned about (body and suspension) were easily inspected before I bought it. Unless the car was local, even knowing things like the machine shop and builder that did the engine for instance really doesn’t matter unless you can get a feel for the quality of work they do. Chances are if they are a busy shop that they won’t remember the job anyway, (but they might have a copy of the invoice of the work they did or parts that were used).

Frankly even if I knew a particular car very well (i.e. if it belonged to a customer) chances are I would either cross my fingers and drive the wheels off of it, or spring for a gasket set and do a tear down and inspection.

Anyway, good luck and like I said nice car.

Nice looking car.

Hate to throw cold water on this, but even if you find the previous owner you may still hit a dead end. If the PO wasn’t the one who originally built the car, he may not know any more about it than you do.

The guy I bought my 68 Valiant from was one of those people (nothing against anyone by the way). He bought the car about a year before I bought it from him, raced it a couple of times and put it up for sale. Basically, he was just going by what the guy he bought it from had told him. There were a lot of things about the car he just didn’t know about (if he had I’m sure they would have been listed in his ad). I bought the car to re-motor and those things I was mostly concerned about (body and suspension) were easily inspected before I bought it. Unless the car was local, even knowing things like the machine shop and builder that did the engine for instance really doesn’t matter unless you can get a feel for the quality of work they do. Chances are if they are a busy shop that they won’t remember the job anyway, (but they might have a copy of the invoice of the work they did or parts that were used).

Frankly even if I knew a particular car very well (i.e. if it belonged to a customer) chances are I would either cross my fingers and drive the wheels off of it, or spring for a gasket set and do a tear down and inspection.

Anyway, good luck and like I said nice car.
Car runs very well and seems to be very strong when I nail it I know from the pictures I have of the replacement of metal rear 1/4s and floors and inspection me and a friend did it was done very well just wish I knew cam size and internals were inside motor but in mean time iam enjoying the car very much

I finally got around to fixing the wobbling rear view mirror I took it apart and hit the ball part at the top with a hammer 6 or 7 times put it back together and it’s all fix thanks for the advice

-
Back