Reaction score
what are the 2 black colors called below the woodgrain

the one on the same panel as the radio

and the one where the ashtray is

where can I get these paints?

Attachments

• DSC00727.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 106
If I had to call it, I would say you dash is semi gloss black and your bezel is satin black.

I painted my hole dash in satin black and my doors and sail panels in semi gloss black( check out my resto thread....link in my signature)

you can get the paint at most any parts stores and paint stores or even super markets.

you can get it in rattle can form or by the pint,quart,gallon.

you can get oil based or enamel and so on.

all boils down to what you want to spend and if its going to be a driver or a show car.

and if you know how to paint/ have the tools to do so.

if you just want to do a quick job than you can scuff the areas up with some scotch bright pad and maybe a bit of sand paper,newspaper everything off and rattle can it.

but it MAY not look as high as a quality.

its all up to you, ask around on painting options ...lots of folks here can tell you exactly what to get and after you explain to them your knowledge and access to what tools and what you want to spend you can be steered in a better direction.

good luck!

The sheet metal part of the dash was originally a suede finish that can be reproduced with SEM landau black. Just dry spray the top coat.
I think the black detail paint on the plastic is supposed to be flat black. I like Duplicolor trim black better though.

-
Back