Dash Color

-

norton

Doing the best that I can
Reaction score
I'm having my car painted, and had the body shop pull the windshield. I thought that this would be the ideal time to paint the metal part of the dash.
The dash is Black but I'm not sure if they used a flat or gloss paint finish from the factory. Can anyone tell me what finish I should use.

Usually a suede finish but you might need to check your paint code. Mike Mancini sells the original paint and others have reported using Rustoleum or other trim paints with good results. I had my dash frame powder coated Tiger Black Matte Fine Texture and it is spot on.

Originally it was a suede finish...slight texture. If it doesn't have to be 100% correct, you can use SEM Trim Black and spray the final coat dry.

I guess the barracuda's were different. The metal part of my dash was original and was defintely not a textured finish. You learn something new every day!

The amount of texture varied. My Challenger dash had very little to no texture...just how it was sprayed that day. That's why I used the SEM paint. What's left of my Darts dash paint looks fairly heavily textured.

-
Back