Dash Harness whats what?

-

DOUGIE800

Reaction score
Im just kinda finishing up putting In my Dash Harness From YearOne, But theres a couple wires not sure of ? Ill post pics but theres 2 yellow black clips that from what I recall were not hooked to anything, Since they don't seem to have any mates Im guessing possibly airconditioning which my car doesn't have. Theres another clip with 2 orange and A white and a red with a white tracer Im thinking this ones for the stock radio which Im not using?, and also right close theres a single black wire with a white tracer. If these cars were still around the bone yards would go look but good luck finding One. Can anyone confirm my guesses? My Cars 1971 Duster Have looked at some wiring diagrams but nothing made sence? D

DSCN2148.jpg

DSCN2151.jpg

DSCN2152.jpg

DSCN2154.jpg

I suppose anything Is possible but they are all kinda around where the factory Radio goes so don't think so. D

A semi-educated guess here: Black plug with yellow wires = map lamp switch (glove box), gray plug with black and yellow wires = headlamp on buzzer reminder or possible key in ignition buzzer relay, gray plug with orange wires = radio. (Orange wires are the accessory lighting circuits). Not sure about the uninsulated spade connector but most likely some kind of ground wire. If it carried power it would be insulated.

You can ignore unused connectors. Same harness goes into different equipped cars.

I have part of a diagram here: http://70duster440.com/DashHarness70 Page 1.PDF

Thanks Don't take long On FABO to get a response. Dont or can't put the power back yet still some stuff to do under the hood or would get out the test light Im guessing if It don't work its not hooked up. Not much for acceseries on these old girls D

A semi-educated guess here: Black plug with yellow wires = map lamp switch (glove box), gray plug with black and yellow wires = headlamp on buzzer reminder or possible key in ignition buzzer relay, gray plug with orange wires = radio. (Orange wires are the accessory lighting circuits). Not sure about the uninsulated spade connector but most likely some kind of ground wire. If it carried power it would be insulated.

You can ignore unused connectors. Same harness goes into different equipped cars.

I have part of a diagram here: http://70duster440.com/DashHarness70 Page 1.PDF
Found out the other day the black/white tracer has power when keys on Any other guesses guys? Have a color diagram Coming I ordered if It will help ?? D

You are correct Steve, Just had a look at the old harness It has 3 lines In one being black/white tracer. The new harness has only two It musta fell out and never noticed D

-
Back