Dash insert

-

JungleCrow

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place or is willing to sell or make me a dash insert to fit this type of dash? I greatly appreciate it!

theres a website that somone will chime in with here that is a really nicely made insert that can take what ever gauges you wana place unto it

I don't think the Redline ones will work in his, it looks like he's got the deluxe dash. I believe they are made to replace the standard dash cluster. Unfortunately, I think the only aftermarket replacements are for the standard dash.

Ya, I already tried one of those and its way too short. Anyone else know of another company or something or how to get one made? If not, then Ill just fabricate something of my own.

this won't fit?

abodyblack.jpg

It does look like the opening is bigger then that Joe..

Any pics of that dash assembled ?

you need a dash insert for a 69 style dash... i went through this with RMD when i ordered mine. they couldn't believe what i was telling them over the phone so i had to email them a ton of pictures of my dash for them to believe that my 71 dart used the same insert as a earlier dart.

here is mine before i touched it.. jamies 69 dart custom has th esame set up but isn't wood grain like mine...

tuffwheel010.jpg

36569308.jpg

after..

DSC_9134.jpg

I had a fastlane and it didnt fit. Its way too short. Instead of removing metal, I would have to add it. I have the skill to do so but not the equipment. The one I have is just like the one in the photos earlier. Someone said it was a deluxe dash.
Abodyjoe, I wish they still made those dash inserts.
I dont think fastlane can make me one cuz I already showed him what was up and he didnt have a solution other than to return it.

I remember about a year ago? there was a thread on here about custom inserts. A lot of members posted pics of dashes, inserts and dash covers (door-to-door front panels) that they had made themselves or had made. Some of them were really slick, maybe you could find that thread for som inspiration.

-
Back