DASH PAD FACTORY – EBAY “DASHPADSTX” ALAN FOXX AND ALANA -SCAM - THIEVES

-

Hemisurfer

Reaction score
BEWARE OF THESE BUSINESSES THEY PROVIDE AN UNACCEPTABLY POOR PRODUCT AND STEAL MONEY AND WILL NOT RETURN IT, SEE BELOW FOR MY UNFORTUNATE ENCOUNTER WITH THESE SCAMMERS.

Met Alan Foxx at the Garlits show in 2023 on November 4th. His company was Dash Pad Factory and had an example of one of his dash pads on display which was very nice. It was correct for my car, and I needed one to complete a restoration. I offered to purchase it, but he would not sell it, he did offer to manufacture one for me but required cash up front.

Despite my concerns and some knowledge of his poor reputation after speaking with him I decided to take a chance and placed an order with his company. I was provided an estimated delivery date of late January or February of 2024. I agreed and the deal was completed, a receipt provided which I still have.

The delivery date of January and the February passed without delivery. After numerous phone calls and messages over the next few months. I finally received the promised dash pad at the end of June 2024, 8 months after placing my order.

The pad was obviously defective and poorly constructed. Serious flaws all over the pad. At one point Alana (his daughter?) had explained to me that the temperature in Texas was causing issues and that she was constructing the pads in their garage. I sent photos of the poor workmanship to Alan and requested a return. He agreed to refund my money but first required the return of the pad, he also said if it was not packed well and if there was damage, he would not issue a refund. Keep in mind that this showed up from his company in a flimsy box with literally one small sheet of bubble wrap.

I ended up purchasing more bubble wrap and returned the pad to Alan with detailed photos taken prior to shipping because of the many broken promises and lies told to me during prior conversations with Alan and Alana. The cost of shipping this was significant, more than 200 dollars by the time I was done.
After receiving the pad from me Alan offered to make me another pad. After waiting 8 months for the first pad, I had contacted another company (ABC Moparts) and told him I just wanted a refund. I should have requested a refund for the cost of shipping the pad back to Alan but at this point it wasn’t worth having the conversation with him since he had already proven to be a disreputable liar. I was told the refund would be issued by the middle of July. After missing this date Alan then communicated that he had bills to pay and the refund would be issued at the end of July. Again another broken promise, Alan stated that he was still financially challenged and had more bills and it would be August 9th after he went to the Mopar Nationals at National Trail Raceway (apparently to collect money from fresh victims) before I would get my refund.

On August 11, I received 1 dollar through Venmo from Alan and Alana. This was characterized in their notes as a test payment. Alana called me and left a message for me to call back. After many calls to Alan and Alana they have apparently decided to ghost me and steal my money.

It was mistake for trusting these shady individuals and I have accepted that they have stolen my money. The endless phone calls and messages required to get them to meet their promises was absolutely infuriating. Sending this as a warning to anyone that chooses to business with these people. They do business under the name Dash Pad Factory and as DashPadsTX on Ebay.

They are blatantly dishonest and should be avoided at all costs. They will refuse to use Paypal as a payment method, my guess is because they know that if you send a business payment through Paypal you have recourse if they don’t deliver and can get a refund. They strictly will attempt to use Venmo or Zelle for payments since you have no recourse if you send them cash through these apps.

As a side note I contacted ABC Moparts as mentioned and they delivered a very nice dash pad to me within two weeks of contacting them without any drama.

Lesson learned, look up Alan Foxx and Mopar dash pads on the internet from what is documented he has been victimizing people since 2014. BUYER BEWARE.

Last edited:
If you had looked back in any search engine, his bad reviews go back well over 10 years ago. Had it been my money, I would have made a different decision.

If you had looked back in any search engine, his bad reviews go back well over 10 years ago. Had it been my money, I would have made a different decision.
I realized it after the fact at the time I was freshly out of the hospital after major spinal surgery so my judgement was off a bit. Hoping I can save others the aggravation of dealing with this corrupt individual.

Yeah, it's a tough lesson to learn. There is a guy who shows up at the Mopar show and swap meet in Rockwall, TX that is really easy to deal with and does a quality job. I forget his name but he does a decent business with the folks at the swap meet.

So you knew of his prior bad reputation and still sent him money.

So you knew of his prior bad reputation and still sent him money.
Read my post I was suspicious but a bit impaired due to my current health issues, I made a mistake and have admitted it I really don’t appreciate your inference maybe you should have a broken neck get 12 screws inserted along with two titanium rods and then 2 months later walk a few miles at a Mopar show and tell me how good your judgement is.

1723826677126.png

what a scumbag. i hope parasitic wasps infest his crotchal region and every job he starts from this day forward begins with him smashing a finger on his dominant hand.

this prick out here making everything harder for those honest people out there slanging parts. it'd be wonderful if he got five flat tires on his car at the same time.

Sorry he has devolved into that kind of business. I have bought 2 from him, YEARS ago when his business had another name that I can't remember. I bought them both at shows, one for an E body and one A body. He even cut the placard piece (thing where you put a new Challenger or Cuda sticker) out of an E body 71-74 core he had taken in, and just gave it to me. Had a good experience both times and both dash pads still look great. I made sure I bought ones redone on an original steel core. Sorry you got taken for a ride. :(

Read my post I was suspicious but a bit impaired due to my current health issues, I made a mistake and have admitted it I really don’t appreciate your inference maybe you should have a broken neck get 12 screws inserted along with two titanium rods and then 2 months later walk a few miles at a Mopar show and tell me how good your judgement is.
I did read it. That's how I knew how to respond. You have some skin in this game, whether you like it or not. I am sorry it happened.

....and I already have enough health issues, thanks for wishing me more. I will pray for your health problems, though. All of that is irrelevant to the issue though. My advice on dash pads has always been to remove the original and take it to a local upholstery shop. They can very often recover them. That's my plan on my 75 Ford truck. I've done several like that in the past. It's usually less expensive than all this fancy "vacuum formed" nonsense and normally lasts longer. Just a thought.

Sorry he has devolved into that kind of business. I have bought 2 from him, YEARS ago when his business had another name that I can't remember. I bought them both at shows, one for an E body and one A body. He even cut the placard piece (thing where you put a new Challenger or Cuda sticker) out of an E body 71-74 core he had taken in, and just gave it to me. Had a good experience both times and both dash pads still look great. I made sure I bought ones redone on an original steel core. Sorry you got taken for a ride. :(
I am too. I hate it when fellow car guys get ripped off in any way form or fashion. It kinda gives the whole hobby a black eye. Our due diligence though as potential customers is to do thorough research before we drop coin. This is just another example that reinforces that, unfortunately.

I do hope you get your money back. Also, maybe next time before you jump the gun, take a moment to maybe comprehend what was said, instead of what you assumed.

Maybe you should choose your words more carefully, I was victimized, my only mistake was trusting someone when I should have been suspect,I have 40 years of business experience and this is the only time I have lost money due to deception and theft. Again I would attribute my mistake to my medical condition at the time but I didn’t cheat or take advantage of anyone. I just wanted a part to complete a restoration and after 40 years of good experiences I stumbled on to a cheat.

After owning a Mopar Business for many years I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with said business for approximately 5-8 years. I sold more B and E body dash pads than any one can imagine. I found out early on how he was doing business and I found that the only way I could get a good correct pad to my customers was to hold him hostage/accountable. I had many friends and customers around the world that became friends that needed pads for their own cars and their customers that I was ordering a minimum of 20 a month. It was a brutal experience dealing with them and at that time I lived approximately 4-5 hours away from his place in ElPaso. This company was one of the 3 reasons why I shut down Nick’s Classic Parts and moved on with life.

Maybe you should choose your words more carefully, I was victimized, my only mistake was trusting someone when I should have been suspect,I have 40 years of business experience and this is the only time I have lost money due to deception and theft. Again I would attribute my mistake to my medical condition at the time but I didn’t cheat or take advantage of anyone. I just wanted a part to complete a restoration and after 40 years of good experiences I stumbled on to a cheat.
You chose the guy. You knew of said bad reputation. Those two facts are indisputable. Whether you like that or not is not up to me and it's not my fault. I'm sorry you were taken advantage of and I honestly hope you get refunded every penny. But as I said before, you have skin in this game. This was a big purchase, plus you have a chunk tied up in return shipping. Yes, I 100% agree you were taken advantage of, but you should have been more diligent. It's happened to all of us at one point or another. All we can do is learn.

You chose the guy. You knew of said bad reputation. Those two facts are indisputable. Whether you like that or not is not up to me and it's not my fault. I'm sorry you were taken advantage of and I honestly hope you get refunded every penny. But as I said before, you have skin in this game. This was a big purchase, plus you have a chunk tied up in return shipping. Yes, I 100% agree you were taken advantage of, but you should have been more diligent. It's happened to all of us at one point or another. All we can do is learn.
Your’re a genius thanks for your opinion

I can add, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS NUT, I was able to get my deposit back but not the core, this was for a 69 Polara.

Alan

Just to clarify what’s done is done, I am not looking for sympathy and I don’t need advice on what I should have done. After doing business for over 40 years I have never made this mistake but I had a lapse of judgement and made a mistake in this instance. It happens I’ve moved on and I have no intention of rolling over and not taking action I just refused to engage in any more games or lies from Alan Foxx or Alana. The reason for the post is to protect others from this Alan and Alana and to hopefully affect his business and prevent him from continuing to execute this scheme. While I am the victim I am not feckless and without recourse. Had a discussion with an attorney today. Also it appears from my research that Dash Pad Pros, The Dash Pad Factory, Ultimate Rides, and the eBay seller DashpadsTX are all owned and managed by Alan Foxx.

Last edited:
Just to clarify what’s done is done, I am not looking for sympathy and I don’t need advice on what I should have done. After doing business for over 40 years I have never made this mistake but I had a lapse of judgement and made a mistake in this instance. It happens I’ve moved on and I have no intention of rolling over and not taking action I just refused to engage in any more games or lies from Alan Foxx or Alana. The reason for the post is to protect others from this Alan and Alana and to hopefully affect his business and prevent him from continuing to execute this scheme. While I am the victim I am not feckless and without recourse. Had a discussion with an attorney today.
I've even given you some good advice and all you can do is twist what I said into something I didn't say. You might not be looking for sympathy, but you're sure as hell looking for attention. Through it all I still wish you luck. I hope you get a full refund.

I've even given you some good advice and all you can do is twist what I said into something I didn't say. You might not be looking for sympathy, but you're sure as hell looking for attention. Through it all I still wish you luck. I hope you get a full l
Thanks for the advice…Alan

Been there, done that. Unfortunately, it took me 8yrs to "get my judgment back" Them dang pills. Anyway, thank you for putting yourself at risk of ridicule by all of these perfect individuals, to warn us.

Been there, done that. Unfortunately, it took me 8yrs to "get my judgment back" Them dang pills. Anyway, thank you for putting yourself at risk of ridicule by all of these perfect individuals, to warn us.
No one ridiculed and no one is perfect. Well.....maybe the one in your mirror is.

-
Back