Dash PANEL HELP 1966 Cuda.

-

MySons66Cuda

Reaction score
I have problems with my fuel gauge not working and removed my panel to find that it appears I am missing a piece connecting my panel to the gauge. What it this called? One pic is a panel with one and the other is mine without it.

2nd on my steering colum there are purple or violet wires in a breaker/fuse box? One wore is not plugged into anything and I can't find where it goes.

3rd where is the voltage limiter located on a 66 Cuda?

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have problems with my fuel gauge not working and removed my panel to find that it appears I am missing a piece connecting my panel to the gauge. What it this called? One pic is a panel with one and the other is mine without it.

2nd on my steering colum there are purple or violet wires in a breaker/fuse box? One wore is not plugged into anything and I can't find where it goes.

3rd where is the voltage limiter located on a 66 Cuda?

View attachment 1714934668

View attachment 1714934669

View attachment 1714934670

The photos you posted did not come out right. The site (new software) may be an issue. Look at your fuel gauge or the cluster

1....If you have an oil pressure gauge (factory) you have a Ralleye dash. The IVR is inside the fuel gauge

2...Look at the fuel gauge. Is there 3 studs / nuts? or 2? Three studs, the IVR is inside the fuel gauge

The part missing from one photo is called a noise suppression capacitor. Prevents electrical pop noise from the limiter being reproduced in radio speaker. It does not prevent or facilitate the limiter operation.
Purple wires ? Breaker box ? Not sure. I see reverse lamp switch ( appears to be plugged in ).

Last edited:
The part missing from one photo is called a noise suppression capacitor. Prevents electrical pop noise from the limiter being reproduced in radio speaker. It does not prevent or facilitate the limiter operation.
Purple wires ? Breaker box ? Not sure. I see reverse lamp switch ( appears to be plugged in ).
Only one wire is plugged in. The other is not in the photo but I was told it was a reverse light. Trying to find where it plugs in from the switch. Not too much room lol.

The photos you posted did not come out right. The site (new software) may be an issue. Look at your fuel gauge or the cluster

1....If you have an oil pressure gauge (factory) you have a Ralleye dash. The IVR is inside the fuel gauge

2...Look at the fuel gauge. Is there 3 studs / nuts? or 2? Three studs, the IVR is inside the fuel gauge

It has three studs. One has a copper connector on the top one and the other two are "screw" studs.

Any help in testing why it does not work?

I think you'll find there is a same nut underneath the copper shield/heatsink. It's sort of snapped in. pinch it and pull it off. Later models had a plastic cap that looked like a household wire nut on this one stud.
If this is a 4 speed car and there was a reverse lamp mounted in the dash, that's where your wire goes. Only other possibility, Typically on the 2 wires, one is power in, other is power out out of switch to those lamps. Where the power in came from in your year model, I'm not sure.
Most have power in wire connected to a fuse marked as that. In earlier models, it could have been tapped into the wiper switch wiring utilizing that fuse. They did do that sort of thing.
A wiring diagram would help. Should be one available somewhere. Hop this helps.

I think you'll find there is a same nut underneath the copper shield/heatsink. It's sort of snapped in. pinch it and pull it off. Later models had a plastic cap that looked like a household wire nut on this one stud.
If this is a 4 speed car and there was a reverse lamp mounted in the dash, that's where your wire goes. Only other possibility, Typically on the 2 wires, one is power in, other is power out out of switch to those lamps. Where the power in came from in your year model, I'm not sure.
Most have power in wire connected to a fuse marked as that. In earlier models, it could have been tapped into the wiper switch wiring utilizing that fuse. They did do that sort of thing.
A wiring diagram would help. Should be one available somewhere. Hop this helps.
It helped GREATLY, ordered my manual and it is the reverse lights. Now to crawl into a very little space and see where it disconnected from.

-
Back