Dash Plug Pins

-

Shane

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 68 Barracuda and when I removed the main circular plug on the back of the instrument cluster, a few of the pins broke off. I have went to a bunch of local electrial places, and they say they dont have new pins to fix it with??

I know year one offers gage repair services, but it is pricey. Anyone know where I can get a few new pins to repair this?

Or any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Shane

Try Digikey.com Look them up (catalog.pdf) by diameter and length.
There is an ocean of connecters and terminals .

Thanks alot Redfish! I will measure the pins I need and take a look at their PDF catalog..

Some of mine were loose, so I soldered them, cut the plug, and made a pigtail out of it, put a molex plug on the end of it, and then a female molex on the wiring harness side and now if I want to unplug the dash, it comes out of the new molex and I don't put any new stress on the very old and fragile pins.

Thats a good Idea, of changing the set up. My problem is I cant seem to find two of the pins I lost when I took it a part. I still havent fully reviewed the catolog from digikey that redfish said.

Its good to know that I can repair the two loose ones I have, and then when I get two replacements and solder them back in place, that everything will work!

Thanks again,

Shane

Most all of the pins have etch that lead to where a threaded stud comes through the circuit board and makes contact with the etch. The ones that were broken on my 68 I took a piece of wire and crimped on a ring terminal on one end and put it under the post and crimped a male spade connector on the other end. I then cut the wire from the round plug and crimped an insulated female on. I used corresponding wire colors so I know which plugs in where.

A multi position molex or amphenol connector would make for a cleaner installation but simple spade terminals work if you don't have the special crimping tools needed for the terminals used by molex or amphenol.

-
Back