Dash Question

-

dartman59

Reaction score
I have a '71 Dart, non-rallye dash. My speedo cluster bezel and the radio bezel look pretty much like crap.. All the "chrome" edging is worn of, the black parts are lackluster, clear plastic a little scratched, the silver painted parts are dull and lifeless. I look on eBay all the time for NOS replacements but never see them.

Then there's PG Classics--they have new repro dash bezels for "'67-'69 Dart" that look to me like they might fit my dash. Probably a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if my innards would all bolt on and if the new bezel would mate up ok with my sheet metal dash frame. Thanks!!

Best indicator is probably the speedometer. Long narrow w/ sweeping needle, needle rotating within a square, etc... I can never remember what year model these things changed. None are interchangeable.

Have you also checked Classic Industries to see if they have the correct bezels for your year? I would be weary of buying a part for my car if it is not specifically out of the year range listed for the part. I bought a radio bezel from Classic that was specifically for a 69 Dart and the mounting holes still did not match exactly, so I had to do some minor modification.

The housing and gauges will interchange (68-71) but the bezels are completely different ......in tomorrows light, I can post a pic of a 68 and a 71 side by side. The 70/1 bezel is a lot deeper and has a curve angle to the face.

The dash frames and bezels are way different.

Thanks RDA. That's the info I was looking for. Not the answer I was hoping for, but I won't be ordering the one that is available.

-
Back