dash re-chrome

-

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
Looks like i am gonna have to spend some cash and rechrome my insrtument panel, radio & heater bezel. I tried to paint it with a bunch of different so-called chrome paint but it came out looking like a cheap imitation. I have seen some threads where guys have posted pics of their dash after it was re-done and from what I remeber they looked pretty nice. I am hoping someone can tell a good place to send mine and what they paid.

Had a custom dash done for my '64 Valiant, and the price was about $175 plus shipping at Chrome Tech USA in Michigan. Slow, but they did nice work.

I've used Mr. G's in Fort Worth, TX for a number of years. I've liked their work and they have done what they said they would do. Turn is pretty quick because they take my items in as cores and ship from the shelf stock. Time would be longer if I wanted to get my items, re-worked, back.

http://www.mrgusa.com

I've used Mr. G's in Fort Worth, TX for a number of years. I've liked their work and they have done what they said they would do. Turn is pretty quick because they take my items in as cores and ship from the shelf stock. Time would be longer if I wanted to get my items, re-worked, back.

http://www.mrgusa.com

I've used Mr G in the past. The last time they did some for my 69 Dart and they were really bad. I sent them back and they sent me another set that was much better.

I see that Mr G will do the chrome only, and you can detail the pieces yourself once you get them back. That saves a LOT of money. All 3 pieces for 69 Dart with deluxe dash is only $155 plus shipping.
When I restored my 69 Swinger 340 I paid over $400.00 for the dash rechrome, but that included detailing the parts as well. Keep in mind, Swinger 340 uses the small heater bezel and no glove box bezel.
Next one I sent out, I'll send to Mr G. and I'll detail the parts myself.
I doubt you'll find anyone to do the job cheaper than him.

Good Luck.

George

Mr G's doesn't rechrome anymore, at least they didn't when I called them three months ago. They said that in the past they subcontracted the plating operation and that source left the Fort Worth area.

i had a place in wauseon ohio do my cluster in my 71 demon about ten years ago. looks good. i don t know if they still do it, but i know they re still in business. name of the company is PERFECTION FINISHERS. Wauseon, ohio 43567

i forgot to mention it was super cheap. they do a lot of plating for trophies and medals and awards and such.

Mr G's doesn't rechrome anymore, at least they didn't when I called them three months ago. They said that in the past they subcontracted the plating operation and that source left the Fort Worth area.
Oh, thats too bad. They had some really good prices.

Evil340 has a good idea. Maybe find a trophy place local to you and see if they'll do the parts.

George

Tried all of the links that was sent but the only one that got back to me was Mr. G. He still has some parts left but is not doing any more repair on the ones that are sent back to him. Not sure if he is willing to wave the core charge.

Just got some pieces from Mr Gs this week. They have some things left. Yes, they are still charging for cores. If you send yours back within 30 days they will refund the core charge. Look at their website, it will tell you if the pieces you want are still in stock. The prices on the website are still correct.

How do you go about doing the "wood" grain?

GCAR did mine , I couldn't be happier.. Looks like a new factory unit !!

Attachments

• Cuda Dash Restore resized0007.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 322
  • Cuda Dash Restore resized0010.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Cuda Dash Restore resized0012.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Cuda Dash Restore resized0013.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 338
  • Cuda Dash Restore resized0003.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Cuda Dash Restore resized0006.jpg