Dash re-install

-

meathead66

Mod Top
Reaction score
Need a little help. The dash has been out for so long that even the tape I had on all the nuts and bolts fell off. What and which bolts/nuts go on and where? I know I should have marked and bagged them better but chalk it up to another senior moment. Appreciate the help.

photo(1).JPG

photo(2).JPG

Nice work on the dash. Are you talking the ones that mount the frame to body? If so can you post a picture of what you have? There are two with large washers that mount on the a pillars with large washers and I believe five smaller ones across the top behind the windshield. The ones behind the windshield I'd install from the bottom so if you need to pull the dash you won't have to pull the windshield to get to them.

Windshield is out. But I don't know which small bolts to use nor which large ones. Are they the kind with washers already attached to the bolt/screw?

They are skinny bolts with fine thread and a 3/8 shallow head for the cowl and there are 2 long ones for the sides by the kick panels with 7/16 head. Got pics?

The five small ones will be pointed on the end also

Not sure what those upper right 3 are but those are the 5 (silver) for up by the windshield,2 down by the kick panel and the 5 (black) speedo screws

Last edited:
I know the feeling. I have been shoveling snow for 2 days now but we did get to take the kids sledding. Does your custom cluster use the factory locations? I have tons of bolts and hardware from cars I stripped. I know where 99% of them go. I used to fill buckets with all of the hardware I took from parts cars but slowly sold them off. I'm always glad to help and I'm local.

-
Back