dash regulator

-

mopops

Reaction score
temp&fuel gauge don"t work-changed dash-checked again-no work--any way to check the dash regulator? thanks mopops

temp&fuel gauge don"t work-changed dash-checked again-no work--any way to check the dash regulator? thanks mopops
Yes you can bench test it.
I recommend Visiting rt-eng.com and get a solid state replacement

^^As above, I take it you do not have a Rallye cluster? What is it that you are working on? Year / model?

"Other things" can enter into this.........the harness/ PC board connector, loose connector pins, and BAD CONNECTIONS at......

The pc board to limiter "socket" as well as the nuts on the gauge studs. It would not be unheard of to end up with both gauges bad, or wiring / sender problems in both gauges.

^^As above, I take it you do not have a Rallye cluster? What is it that you are working on? Year / model?

"Other things" can enter into this.........the harness/ PC board connector, loose connector pins, and BAD CONNECTIONS at......

The pc board to limiter "socket" as well as the nuts on the gauge studs. It would not be unheard of to end up with both gauges bad, or wiring / sender problems in both gauges.
working on 72 dart swinger-i have 2 dashes-2 regulators-same thing with each temp-fuel don""t work-i have a test meter and have some skills. just don"t know what to look for? thanks for any help you may offer-also need to know how to know what speedometer gear to use for 904 TF with 355 gears?

You can easily rig this stuff on the bench for testing. There's been tons written on here about it.

First, if you don't have, wander over to MyMopar and download yourself some free factory shop manuals. Some of them over there, came from the guys here

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

Next, this thread:

Printed circuit pins repair

In the manual, section 8 look up the section on instruments and testing. The Mopar tool listed is a switchbox with three resistors, which you can emulate by buying some resistors or a good big rheostat, or even by using your fuel sender --out of the tank-- and setting it to desired resistance

This thread discusses the beans out of it/them

Hey Del, Look what I found!!! An original Miller Gauge tester!!!

Basically you need to supply solid battery power to the proper pin at the cluster. The cluster PC board needs grounded AND ON THAT NOTE factory cluster grounding is pretty poor......you should connect a ground pigtail to the pc board (mounting screw(s) ) and run it over to the dash frame or column support

Then hook your test resistance to the sender terminal. The proper resistance as in the threads above, should give you the gauge readings.

I cannot take credit for this: Someone else imposed the resistances onto expected readings:

c-3826-jpg.1714848381

thanks I will ck when it gets out of the 90's here g j glover
got temp to work-looks like the gauge nuts not making contact-re grounded cluster and body-am hoping fuel will wake up thanks for taking your time to help me,hope i can repay someday gjglover

GREAT!! Just knowin I might have steered you toward the problem is thanks enough!!

-
Back