Dash Removal in 72 Demon

-

Gibber

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a 72 Demon to go along with the 71 340 we have. I really am not a big fan of the non rallye dash in the 72's. I have a line on a complete rallye dash frame out of a 71 Demon. Is it possible to remove the dash frame with the windshield in place? I know there are mounting bolts along the front edge of the dash, just can't remember if the windshield has to come out to get at them...hard to tell looking at mine....

Thanks,

Mark

Can't do it. Believe me I've been a Chrysler flat rate tech for over 38 years and if there was a way to do that I would have figured it out back in the day.

My race Demon came with no dash - just a piece of sheet steel screwed onto fabbed frame and the top near where the windshield is. I would be all over putting in a 71 rally dash if the damn bars weren't in the way. Already have the lexan windshield out for replacement.

You'll need to go under the dash with a die grinder and cut the 5 bolts and U-nuts. Left vent box and everything else will need to be removed to get to them.
Install new U-nuts upside down and install the bolts from the bottom up to re install the dash. Just be sure your new bolts aren't long enough to push the gasket/glass. A full nut is all you need.

-
Back