Dash speaker grille 62 Valiant

-
those plastic units are usually very brittle-- try finding a 1960-61 metal mesh grille-- not cheap, but durable. Lawrence

those plastic units are usually very brittle-- try finding a 1960-61 metal mesh grille-- not cheap, but durable. Lawrence

I wasn't aware the 60-61 Valiants had same grille sizes for their dash

I wasn't aware the 60-61 Valiants had same grille sizes for their dash

I have one of each year of these cars, and the 1960 metal grille is not the same size as the 61-62 plastic grille. sorry, but thats a fact.

8 5/8 by 4 1/4. For the 62 . Saw a 60 yesterday and it appears to be larger but couldn't measure it. Would be great info to know.

While there may be minute differences in size between the plastic '61-'62 radio grille and the metal 1960 one, I've never had any trouble substituting one for the other, nor has anyone who's ever seen the converted cars EVER said it did not look right or not fit the recessed area properly. If using the metal grille in the later car mounting holes have to be drilled for the mounting clips if attaching using the original style clips. Feel free to PM me if interested in a blue plastic '61-'62 grille. While together and useable it is very fragile, as Vdart suggests and would not likely stand up to the prep work needed for a color change.

you can expect to pay $100 for the metal early style grille , I ended up making a cover for the speaker hole, using a flat piece of metal, added a small curve & it fit nicely in the indentation..

I do not have any pictures ,Lawrence

Yea, I was in on it until it went through the roof. Bought some nice metal grille and may go this way until I see another original out there. Thanks

I'm don't think this was an actual sale. When you highlight the bidders list and then highlight (double click) the last two bidders, o***g has a 100% bid history with this seller. the winning bidder has a 66% rating with this seller. If I comprehend this statistic correctly it means that the one buyer has only purchased his items from this specific seller and the winning bidder has purchased 2/3 of his items from this specific seller. I would bet the seller was shill bidding hoping to drive the cost out of site which he was successful at, but it costs them to play this game. Sellers like to play this game since the great recession started and some realism has crept into Ebay sales prices.

Very interesting observation, valiantpatrol... I just went out and confirmed what you described. Bad business.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Seems like that happens much too often. Glad I jumped out when I did, although I still have no grill. Eyes are still open, no hurry

best way to think of all this is decide what that part is worth to you and bid that amount.
these guys that run up their auction, I just send them a mail and tell them I want the part and I will pay XX$ for it, they accept the deal or not.
you go ou t to the mans salvage yard, he prices you a part, if you want the part, you pay his price or not.
they don't call it stupidbay, feebay, etc for nothing!!?? LOL

I totally agree barbee6043. In addition, when I find myself bidding against a confirmed 100% bidder I just let it go. Thankfully there is nothing I have to have so walking away isn't so hard. But I'll admit there are plenty of things I'd like to have, especially if sellers were more interested in selling at market rates rather than getting some connived price they've dreamed up.

-
Back