Dash Speakers

-

340sFastback

Reaction score
Maybe someone else might want to do the same so I will post up what I did for dash speakers. I fabricated a bracket to hold two 4 inch speakers in the center of dash where original single speaker was. I had some 16 gauge aluminum sheet laying around bend a lip around outer edges to add rigidity. Used a 4 inch hole saw from Home Depot to cut the holes. Note speakers are shallower then most out there to clear the HVAC controls in the dash. There are two existing studs up under dash where original speaker mounted.

PXL_20240411_142136541.MP.jpg

PXL_20240411_142036681.jpg

PXL_20240411_142115139.MP.jpg

PXL_20240411_142050978.jpg

Stretch some speaker cloth over the unit before you install it the final time- it's surprising how they stand out under the grille whenever you look in through the windshield.

Nice job!

Agree with the Professor. Paint everything black and use the speaker cloth to hide it.

Here's what I used. Fit perfect and works great!

Vehicle Search

As others have said. Speaker cloth. I bought some at Joann fabric and used industrial hot glue to attach to the underside of the dash speaker vent. covers up being able to see down in there and keeps things from falling into your speak cones.

As others have said. Speaker cloth. I bought some at Joann fabric and used industrial hot glue to attach to the underside of the dash speaker vent. covers up being able to see down in there and keeps things from falling into your speak cones.
Our local Joann's has it in stock.

I did the same thing but the are angled a bit as those small speakers don’t balance when on the same plane. Left side angled left and right side angled to the right.
I think I did like 10degrees (5per side)

I did these 4" Kenwoods in my 66 Valiant, just made a mounting board from a chunk of plywood and secured it to the dash with plumber's tape. It's cheesy but it works and sounds good.

DSCN1696.JPG

DSCN1697.JPG

I just this last weekend put this pair of Infinity 3.5" in a metal template I bought from (someplace I can't remember...). As above, they look and sound good.

20240316_190649.jpg

anyone ever come up with a nice stealthy solution for rear speakers if you have a fold down rear seat beyond removable boxes like I use?

-
Back