Dash/Windshield Question

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
Does the dash have to be inside the car for the windshield to be held in properly or could I make my own dash to go in without having to worry about the windshield? I really am not a huge fan of my dash and also kinda wanna lose it for weight but I just wanna know a little more about this situation. Sorry for not knowing this one guys, figured I'd ask

I think you can pull the dash. The windsheild sets in a channel of its own but if your going to replace the dash, its a heck of alot easier with the window out. You may want to double check and get some more input on this.

Dash bolts are captured buy the windshield but they Don't have any thing to do with each other. Am going to do the same thing to my drag car with some aluminium. Have not got around to it yet though.

I think you can pull the dash. The windsheild sets in a channel of its own but if your going to replace the dash, its a heck of alot easier with the window out. You may want to double check and get some more input on this.
The idea I have for my dash is to make something old school & simple dash-wise that is just a box almost and beat it down and get it kinda rusty and put the random gauges I have been gathering into it. :glasses7:

Just a small box in front of the driver or full length? Was thinking of doing mine kind of like this.

Attachments

• cuda dash.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 170
probably about half that length, fan and all. it'd stop a lil over the passenger side of the trans tunner

You can remove the dash without disturbing the windshield if you're willing to take a di grinder underneath and defeat 5 pieces of attaching hardware.

where are they located at redfish?

I'm assuming your talking about dash fasteners. Their on the sides and and in the back ,up and under dash. A shop manuel helps alot . As far as making your own dash ,your only hindered by your imagination and skill..... its only metal go for it.

I'm assuming your talking about dash fasteners. Their on the sides and and in the back ,up and under dash. A shop manuel helps alot . As far as making your own dash ,your only hindered by your imagination and skill..... its only metal go for it.
I have one I think around here somewhere. I shoulda thought of that first, whoops. And that's the plan after I convert to a faster wiper speed motor so I can know how much space I am actually going to be dealing with

I have one I think around here somewhere. I shoulda thought of that first, whoops. And that's the plan after I convert to a faster wiper speed motor so I can know how much space I am actually going to be dealing with

:thumbup:

5 U nuts spaced along the top where the dash meets the cowl. One in center, about 8 inches from each A-pillar. 2 more equally spaced between those. Once you're under the dash you'll see them. Bolts installed from the top down.

-
Back