dash wiring questions

-

68ddart

Reaction score
i have a 68 dart that was 6 cyl that has now a 340 i am working on installing the headlights wiper switch etc..i also installed a wiper bottle with electric pump ,i also added a under hood wiring that adapted it to use the electronic ignition.the wiring to my ignition switch and wiper switch has been cut up. i have figured out the wire colors and could individually wire up the wiper switch or is there a better way to fix this? i know there are differences in wiper motors and switches..i have a 2 speed motor and switch.im thinking fix what i have or get another harness.any suggestions appreciated..

i have a 68 dart that was 6 cyl that has now a 340 i am working on installing the headlights wiper switch etc..i also installed a wiper bottle with electric pump ,i also added a under hood wiring that adapted it to use the electronic ignition.the wiring to my ignition switch and wiper switch has been cut up. i have figured out the wire colors and could individually wire up the wiper switch or is there a better way to fix this? i know there are differences in wiper motors and switches..i have a 2 speed motor and switch.im thinking fix what i have or get another harness.any suggestions appreciated..

That really is your choice. If you can follow diagrams etc "fixing" will likely be cheaper, unless you can fall into the proper used harness.

Be careful of the 2/ 3 speed wiper wiring they are different. Only difference to my knowledge in the electric pump is the wire coming from the wiper switch that you push in the middle, or push the knob.

Do it right the 1st time. Crawling under these dashes ain't easy anymore.
Go to mymopar.com and pillage what you can for free downloads(factory manuals and schematics)
Wiper and switch and harness need to match. Pics/part #'s of switch would help

-
Back