Dashcam car accidents on You Tube?

-

like_A_pike

that's not factory
Reaction score
Maybe I'm late to this party but I just spent some time binge watching a bunch of these last weekend. Have you seen any of this material? I admit that I am a bit aggressive but I think I've learned some things that may change my habits.
First, it takes so little contact at high speed to get someone out of shape. In some cases, just freaking someone out can do it! Second, folks jam on the brakes when they get outta shape and then really bad **** starts happening. Maybe I take 25 years of driving rear wheel drive cars in the snow for granted.... Third, we screw with each other way too often and sometimes really bad **** happens. Finally, the intersection stuff looks like distracted drivers. That's not much of a surprise, but for God sake, don't let anybody turn (or walk) in front of you across multiple lanes!!!
Take a look if you haven't, it's eye opening if you see yourself at all in any of the situations.
Now, If you have young'ns turn on the mute or just watch the Russian ones.......

I have dash cams in all my vehicles.

It paid off when a kid on a bike ran a stop light and rode out in front of my wife. The camera showed the red light, him riding up the sidewalk and him and two other kids turning directly in front of her. The cop (town cop) was amazed when he saw it. He told me later that he was headed over to the other kid's houses to have a "chat" with the parents.

Fortunately, the kid wasn't hurt except for a scrapped elbow. His mom actually sent us a bill for the bike... Which I laughed at... If that had been me when I was a kid, I would have been walking that summer. Same for my kids. No new bike and maybe, maybe, if I was really good, a used bike the following year. Never heard again from her or I would have given her a lecture on "parenting".

Something I did not realize happens SO badly especially with some of these "car like" SUVs You get on the brakes hard, maybe steer a little, maybe get a little out of shape and THEN COME OFF THE BRAKES the sudden unloading of the suspension under a "weird angle" of braking can throw the suspension (at the opposite weird angle) in the other direction, and that movement of the body/ weight/ center of gravity / whatever can toss the thing completely out of control. This also might explain some of the fairly low speed rollovers in crashes.

And yeh, I LOVE watching "Russia" dash cams when I get bored.

I hadn't seen anything about legal requirements.
Do you remember the Chelyabinsk meteor in 2013? They say it was so well documented because many Russian drivers use dash cams to avoid insurance fraud. Apparently the pedestrians would throw themselves into a car for a settlement. Interestingly, brake checking there was also a problem and dash cams are the only way to really prove that the trailing vehicle was not at fault.

-
Back