daves 72 duster

-

David Flowers

Reaction score
Ok I said my hellos a few days ago and posted for some parts I was looking for and found them real quick. Thank you everyone.
Like I said previously I have had this duster for 22 years and will never get rid of it. At one time It was a beautiful car but has been outside all this time and just sitting, So now comes time for its second long overdue re restoration. I had gotten into a jam a few years back and had to sell my 360 so im engine less at the moment but thanks to my boss who donated a 440 to the cause im well on my way. "Thanks Jay Devine" Im still trying to scrounge a couple of parts but will get started on the restoration in the next couple of months, Just have to get this damn camero painted and out of my garage so i have some room to work.
Anyway here is a pic of the car as it sits now its still in fairly good shape all round but the sun did a beatin on the interior and mom and pop have been useing it as a storage shed........just have to grin and bear it

Attachments

• phpwAYWGKPM.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 228
i got a nice 383 hp, from carb to pan, with trans and a-body k frame, with hi-po manifolds that fit right in!. i pulled the heads, and found that the engine is stock and in great condition. i even have the dual exaust that was all in a 71 scamp. come get it, or ill meet you halfway. 500.00 for everything.

good luck with the build. the car looks to be rustless!

she isnt totally rustless, but not too bad. back when i restored her the first time she had some quarter sized holes in the rear 1/4 panels and a few pin pricks here and there. this time around i will need to replace the tail light panel, but will be putting in a demon tail lamp panel and lamps that i have. never liked the 72 duster tail lights much but there is a funy story about the car and how i cam to aquire it so any years ago. Ill tell that story later on. Hmm 383 you say? ill keep it in mind

I think im going to go ahead and put this IP back into the car, think i may buy one of the repoped bezels, any thoughts?

Attachments

• phpK4lV3UAM.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 156
well I was thinking of putting in a 440 but decided to buy a 5.7 hemi instead, in the long run i think im better off, hopefully ill get some pictures going soon. just trying to finish a couple other projects up then im going full tilt. Im still trying to figure out the turbo thing but hay cut me a brek ive been off the scene a few years doing the work thing.
Is there anything that you would like to see brought to the table for a body 5.7 or 6.1 hemi swaps??? like parts and such? just curious I have ways of getting things done.....

-
Back