Day at the Junkyard!!!!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Perfect weather outside, week off from work, what should I do? I know, junkyard!! :toothy10: Jump in the wagon and go...can you tell I was excited to get there??

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 070.jpg

This yard sells alot of demo derby cars, they save all the good c-body cars, including all the other brands of big cars. Some of what they wreck makes me sick, they travel all over the country to find rust free ones, then sell them. The other cars pictured are not for derby, they are for parts.

Here are some more cool pics :toothy10:

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

Picture 039.jpg

Picture 055.jpg

Picture 050.jpg

A year ago this Dart was a whole car, rust free from Nevada....knew I should have bought it....:angry7:

Oh well, sure the parts went to good use

Picture 053.jpg

Need a hearse? These are all stuffed with Imperial parts they remove from cars that they sell for demo derby, atleast some good parts survive.

Picture 056.jpg

Picture 058.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

And now, this is the car I went there for!! LOL :toothy10: 1973 Fury wagon, almost complete, look at those seats! I scored a bunch of stuff from this car, I got the side trim from all 4 doors and the rear quarters, a tail light lens, some rubber parts, clips, rear seat chrome latch, and a very nice and hard to find dome light (same as E-body and spendy) and some plastic parts for the rear window that go in the tracks and guide the glass. I needed one real bad, someone pulled the rear window already so they were an easy snatch! I also found a vent cable that I needed and dreaded pulling one out, I looked in a 72 Fury and there was one, just lying on the floor!! Didn't need to pull it so I was excited!! :toothy10: Tally, scored everything for $50:cheers: Good day today and tommorrow, I will be picking up a 1968 Charger :toothy10:

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 071.jpg

Picture 072.jpg

Picture 074.jpg

If they travel the whole country for rust free cars. There is a 73 toronado in texas they might interested in.

I miss going to junkyards, used to skip school in the 80s looking for mopar parts, good times.

AWESOME!!! I have'nt seen a cool junkyard like that in over 30 years... All the old yards around here crushed out long ago...

man you got me excited need the wheel trim of that 65 cuda and maybe other parts...but Minn is a long way from Md. Maybe one of those rear ends to modify for the track........so I am jealous!

Whatssss the hurry after all its just a junk yard LOl. I too get excited going to our local junk yard,been there twice and still havent seen it all.Glad you had a good time.

looked like a good time i would love to go no yards around here like that

That one dark 66 Barracuda looked like it had a good set of left and right grills by the pictures. What did they look like up close?

...and how many A body 8 3/4's were in the trucks?

the dash in the first pic,s look like the car i took my drivers test in 73 newport 383 auto. dad never took his studed snows off. ever

Lots of old Mopar iron in that yard. Very cool pics!!

cool pics!!tooo bad rust got a lot of them,still a lot of good parts,id spend a LOT of time there getting stuff for ebay,mark parts so ya know what it is,make a good profit,ive been junkin for 30 yrs then the internet came along,it takes time to pull parts for sure

Haven't been there in a couple years Keith, looks like I need to plan a trip over there this summer!

-
Back