Daydreaming about a super duper slant...

-

hellfirechrome

Reaction score
I drive slow. I love underdogs and odd birds. For this, the slant is perfect for me. I want a bit more oomph but a bit more MPG as well. Please don't big down my happy slanty thread with V8 advice ;)

My car:
'66 Signet HT, black on black. Bucket seats, console shift. Soon to be upped with power Kelsey-Hayes discs showin' thru the 5-on-4 rallys.
Car already has Power steering, MSD 6AL. Engine is strong.

My daydream upgrade:
Hyper-pak intake
EFI (bolt-on self-tuning kit from EZ-EFI)
Headers & x pipe, 2.5" pipes out the back end
Smooth-but-higher lift cam (optional)
Head cut down .050 and ported to match the hyper pak
Electronic ignition
Aluminum radiator & electric fan

...Am I crazy?

your car, your money. go to slantsix.org-- great info on that site--- tuning tips & real world mpg.

I think Aggressive Ted is a mpg fanatic with his documentation of what works .

best advice-- is make a plan-- then ask your questions & then make your car how you want it@!!

shoot put the dual one bbl set-up on that puppy-- that is a cool looking unit! any more pics? Lawrence

Not Crazy, Just SICK ! Welcome to the world of SLANT SICKNESS. There is no cure.....

I agree with Lawrence, I love the dual 1-bbl manifold. Someday, I want this look...

Attachments

• artdart8.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,426
Mild cam that butch. Bigger gears out back. A freshening of rings and bearings never hurt anybody either. Should be real efficient with proper matching.

please dont run the dual one intake... these 1920's, 45's and BBD's just suck. Parts are getting hard to find, the bodies are corroding on the insides, and they are just a sad one barrel. Step up to a small 4 on a offy intake and really tune it. You want to increase VE anyway you can, whether you run high compression and water or...

I too love the eye candy of the dual I bbl set up. when you read up on it by people that have it workin, one poin t they all make is that you need a pair of MATCHIN carbs....
when you do find someone with a matchin pair they are very proud of them.... and like he said, these old carbs are OLD and many have problems........
perhaps the super six 2 bbl setup is something to consider?????

I've got an extra dual one barrel and am tossing the idea around about either modding it (or using an adapter) to run a pair of Webers - something like the 32/36's. New carbs would be the hot ticket.

sent from my iPhone

I agree with Lawrence, I love the dual 1-bbl manifold. Someday, I want this look...

I agree they look great and lots of nostalgia for this intake set up! Daytona carburetors have the 1 barrel carburetors you need....just look!

I also like the dual carb look. But the look I like even better is the "blower-with-Hilborn-scoop-through-the-hood" look. That is what I am starting on right now. Got my blower, engine, pistons and oversized valves. Just need to finish my car's interior and paint and then it will be time to build the coolest mill in town!

http://s674.photobucket.com/user/FredVolz/media/Supercharged-Valiant-Slant-six-AussieSpeed.jpg.htmlhttp://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv108/FredVolz/Supercharged-Valiant-Slant-six-AussieSpeed.jpg

I drive slow. I love underdogs and odd birds. For this, the slant is perfect for me. I want a bit more oomph but a bit more MPG as well. Please don't big down my happy slanty thread with V8 advice ;)

My car:
'66 Signet HT, black on black. Bucket seats, console shift. Soon to be upped with power Kelsey-Hayes discs showin' thru the 5-on-4 rallys.
Car already has Power steering, MSD 6AL. Engine is strong.

My daydream upgrade:
Hyper-pak intake
EFI (bolt-on self-tuning kit from EZ-EFI)
Headers & x pipe, 2.5" pipes out the back end
Smooth-but-higher lift cam (optional)
Head cut down .050 and ported to match the hyper pak
Electronic ignition
Aluminum radiator & electric fan

...Am I crazy?

The answer is no ! This was my third slant 6, and I loved every one of them !!! Turned many an eye with these badd boys !!

Yeah I had a 2bbl intake and sold it. The Holley is a better carb since you can actually get parts for them. The BBS is totally obsolete and no jets/rods/etc. available. I have a lathe and can make them but I would not recommend them for anyone without the tools & skills.

What you need is the triple weber setup:

Attachments

• webers.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 486
I too love the eye candy of the dual I bbl set up.

Any kind of multicarb set-up on a slant (or any make in-line six) is definitely eye candy!

What you need is the triple weber setup:

Yep, either a triple Weber set-up

1il65e.jpg

or a triple SU set-up

34pc96w.jpg

EFI and turbo/supercharge the Slant that will be an odd ball and make people think.

Those are some fantastic slants, guys! I am not sure exactly how far I am going to go with mine, but at the very least I know that stock isn't going to cut it ha ha... I better get to the drawing board and figure out. I saw that EFI kit over in the mechanical parts section, if he gets it figured out for the slant six it might end up saving me like $1300! Before I put to go, I better put some slow in it. KH power disc brakes coming soon :)

I'm not a huge fan of fuel injection but turbo or supercharging yes. how come know one mention throttle body can like what is on some mustangs. these often can be jetted to whatever you want and easy to adapt aspiration set ups to.
And yes I absolutely love my six.

Read Bill Dedman's posts for much info on turbo'ing a slant. One guy beats most V-8's in the 1/4 mi with a slant. I have cars w/ slant, SB, & BB and like all of them, but my first Mopar was a slant, so it brings back memories.

hellfirechrome said:
...Am I crazy?

Yes! But we all are.
I love '66 Signets!
A hot slant would be cool!
I think you need a head with big intake valves.

-
Back