DC Goldspark remember these?

-

Bakerlite

Reaction score
I'm after a cap for this distributor. They were sold by Mr Gasket and I think they may have used Accel parts like the cap. This is the actual dizzy I have. Problem is, the bozo who sent it, did a poor packing job and USPS managed to smash the cap.. ( as they walk over your parcels at the sorting center) :) I figure this cap is shared with something else as I couldn't see them gearing up to make there own one off caps. Any ideas. Any resources that give cap sizes?

Attachments

• GOLDSPARK-Mopar-Race-Chrysler-440-RB-Engine-Dual-Point-Distributor-Tach-Drive-p43190.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 256
Looks like it could be the same as any Mopar v8. The pic doesn't show it , but is there a notch in the cap on the side we can't see?

Mopar one is too small, I tried it. I think it could be this one ,ACCEL Distributor Cap 120123, Will need some way to get some measurements .. Might have to contact Accel.

Attachments

• 120123.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 272
Researching that number, it keeps coming up as a GM distributor cap for many different years of vehicle. The most common that I saw was 55-56 Chevy.

If that's the case, maybe one of your local auto parts places would have it.

That's true, I'll look into that. I've also fired an email off to Accel.

120123 accel. I have had many old accel Mopar distributors that take that cap#
Looks just like it. 3 3/4" diameter housing.

Yep 3 3/4 housing. I just looked through the shattered pieces of the cap and found it had a vent hole under the cap latch like in this picture. I'd say that this is the cap. Guess I'll just get one and see. They would have used the cheapest and most popular part at the time so I guess the GM based stuff was it. Even a GM based Pertronix I have here looks like it will fit.

Attachments

• Accell 120123.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 175
-
Back