De-cluttering a later 318 questions…

-

69moredoor

Reaction score
This 318 resides in a d100 I’m getting soon.
I want to remove anything from the engine that’s not “needed” making it more dinosaur.
What are these circled emissions items and can I simply remove and cap the lines ?
And charcoal canister delete?
3CE790F1-614F-4F66-B4E2-73227DA7EBEF.jpeg

B2469431-C66F-4EBC-B55E-79E730F18E85.jpeg

5A92C551-D1A6-4861-9974-91F318219326.jpeg

yep, yep! start ripping all that out of there.. (egr stays on intake). Remove all unnecessary vacuum hoses and electrical wiring. Manual steering and manual brakes. It's how I like 'em.

So the EGR on the intake , pic one top circle. Cap it and leave it?

Be "somewhat careful." I'm not familiar with specific FUEL TANK VENTING on pickups, but it tied in on all vehicles with the "carbon can" or evap control. You can end up with the tank vent PLUGGED

Leave the VC breathers, you could tie them together and plumb to the air filter, they are supposed to be intake air. Leave the PCV

EGR--Not that hard to make a block off plate and make it look "neater."

I don't know the law in your state, make sure you are not going to get into a state EPA violation

Going to tackle this job this week.
The metal pipe that comes from the rear of the passenger head over the valve cover…best way to delete that?
And the charcoal canister. Do I have this right?
I can get a venting gas cap like the earlier vehicles.
Cap off the line from the tank
And what do I do with the carb bowl vent line that goes from the carb to the canister?

ps 318 your inbox is full

Going to tackle this job this week.
The metal pipe that comes from the rear of the passenger head over the valve cover…best way to delete that?
And the charcoal canister. Do I have this right?
I can get a venting gas cap like the earlier vehicles.
Cap off the line from the tank
And what do I do with the carb bowl vent line that goes from the carb to the canister?

ps 318 your inbox is full

No, don't use a vented cap. Leave the vent line coming to the front in place and "up high." Otherwise you might run into a siphon problem with a full tank on a hot day. If it smells you can plumb it into the air filter bonnet to reduce fumes.

Otherwise, not a bad idea to put a small filter onto it to help prevent insects "mud daubers" etc

Got it on The charcoal canister…now just the other two

-
Back