De ja vu all over again?

-
It does look like the same car. VIN #s are different between a Satellite & RoadRunner, so it's easy to spot a clone IMO

Sure looks like the same car to me. Same exact tears in the front seats. I thought it was too much at $11,500. I have even less interest at $14,900, even if they DID add a wing.

To each their own though. Wheeler Dealers whole show is based on flipping cars, but they at least fixed things before asking for more money. Looks like all they did to this one is wash it and add a wing. They could have at least dropped a bit of coin to put new seat covers on it.

Sure looks like the same car to me. Same exact tears in the front seats. I thought it was too much at $11,500. I have even less interest at $14,900, even if they DID add a wing.

To each their own though. Wheeler Dealers whole show is based on flipping cars, but they at least fixed things before asking for more money. Looks like all they did to this one is wash it and add a wing. They could have at least dropped a bit of coin to put new seat covers on it.

I have come across a lot of folks that like to buy cars drive them around awhile, maybe put a little money into them, get board or whatever then trade out/sell out for something different. Its a disease... this post looks like he paid full asking price for the car originally put wheels and tires on and decided he wants to get his money out of it. I cant blame him for that, but he does need to clone up.

yup, same car
the relay on the driver side fender, the heater shut off valve on the passenger fender, the odd accordion hose over the upper radiator hose, the red power wire running over the passengerside head, all seem like personal touches which are unique to a car

the only differences i see are the aircleaner tin and the sticker on the front windshield which makes me thing they did drive it
might not be a flipper/flipper, he mighta just fallen on hard times

i guess we could ask @d fark to check the phone number on the C/L add and see if its the same as his buyer was
(not that he has any obligation to us to go into those details, but who knows)

There are way too many crappy thread titles on this forum.

As the resident word nerd, it's my role to encourage those who add color and class to the place.

Jolly good job there, Niles.

Yea that was my car. A friend on this site messaged me and told me it was on Craigslist in St Louis.
I’m disappointed it went to a flipper, but to each his own I guess and I’m thankful to free up some space for something else. And the car is definitely a Satellite, the original 318,904, and 8.25 rear is still taking up space in my shop along with the stock flat hood.
Sorry I haven’t visited in a while or I would have chimed in sooner.

Last edited:
-
Back