De-rusting some stuff

-
^^^^yes, hot to anodes, ground to part. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ORDER!
Supposedly will reverse the process and sacrifice your part the other way around!

It won’t remove paint etc. Not that I have tried it, reading up tells me this.

Last edited:
What a great idea for a thread, George.
Looks like it works awesome.
I'll have to get a swimming pool and 300 lbs of baking soda so I can de-rust my '69 Valiant!

Thanks Tom. I like trying stuff out and results, both positive or negative, interest me. Sharing info can help others to decide whether or not something is a good idea.
Once you get the pool rigged up I’d like to bring the Barracuda over for a clean up! ;)

Sorry folks, had to make a road trip today.........yes I know it’s the other brand. :)

View attachment 1715521069 View attachment 1715521068

Removing this stuff is important as it will not clean under it. If there was rust below, which would be kind of unlikely anyway. So it probably would not hamper the operation.
Are those Yosemite Sam mud flaps hanging off the bumper?? ...lol

Thanks Tom. I like trying stuff out and results, both positive or negative, interest me. Sharing info can help others to decide whether or not something is a good idea.
Once you get the pool rigged up I’d like to bring the Barracuda over for a clean up! ;)
Both Positive and Negative......lol
It'll take a few weeks to get the baking soda together, people will think I'm just another one of those kooky hoarders these days, which I am not!

Thanks for the post. It got me googling, which got me watching youtube videos, which lead to a trip to the hardware store and I've got a derusting station set up downstairs as I type!

rust.jpg

-
Back