Deadbeat DEWALT!!

-
I looked on the Dewalt website and can get new batteries but they are $77 each.

Anyone have any advise before I have to shell out the clams for a new drill?

I just did a Google search and Sears carries them for $32

I did the amazon.com search for you $27.99 each. At that price their probably eligible for their free super saver shipping. just put ( Batteries for a dewalt 983) in the search bar at the top of the home page and then click on see all results

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja2TXbkDI2I"]Cordless Tool Battery Hack Adds New Life to the Dead - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig2fbI2jejM&feature=related"]Ni-CD battery rebuild and upgrade Part1.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYsxLDXfGSI&NR=1"]Ni-CD battery rebuild and upgrade Part2.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Joe I bet I have 4 or 5 of the 18v dewalts that are dead. I,m gonna give them some shock therapy when I have time. Will probably trade cells between packs.

Thanks Joe I bet I have 4 or 5 of the 18v dewalts that are dead. I,m gonna give them some shock therapy when I have time. Will probably trade cells between packs.

You're welcome DD. My Dewalt is still going strong but my crappy Ryobi has two dead batteries. Got 3 years before they crapped out.

Good u tube video ramcharger. There is a company an hour south of me that rebuilds batteries. (as long as the cases are screwed together) If you have a few batteries I'll bet you can make one or two good ones out of the parts.

The battery in the freezer trick seemed to work. It charged up better than it has in the past which was not charging at all just about. It still doesn't feel like it will hold a charge for very long.... not like new batteries would. I first got this drill I could take a battery off charge and pull the trigger I definitely had a fired up drill ready to go.

I have some options that's for sure. I really don't have time to take the batteries apart to do the shock therapy and so forth. The jury is still out.

I've got 6 Dewalt 18 volt drills, and hammer drills, an done Dewalt 24V rotary hammer, and Batteries Plus is my vest friend. The rebuild the batteries for a fraction of the cost of new ones, and, in my opinion, the rebuilts are better than new. Also, they're local, so I don't have to send the batteries off to some mail order place in west no where.

I'm a big fan of Batteries Plus. :thumbup:

Im still not getting a full charge like they used to charge. I think I will swing by Batteries Plus and try that first instead of buying new batteries... when I get time. I will post back here on the results.

All my cordless DeWalt stuff is 18V, but I just bought some new batteries for mine at Lowe's. Had a deal going at 2 for $99. But this was 18V.

I got the batteries rebuilt at Battery Plus and the drill has more power than I believe it ever has. I cant remember it turning that much RPM when the drill was new but it might have. The bill was $88 for two batteries.

I got the batteries rebuilt at Battery Plus and the drill has more power than I believe it ever has. I cant remember it turning that much RPM when the drill was new but it might have. The bill was $88 for two batteries.

Good to hear Marland and thanks for the update.

I second the Batteries Plus suggestion !!! I needed new batteries and a charger,and my Old stuff (Makitas) work like New again !!

-
Back