dealer installed???

-

db's demon

Reaction score
This past Saturday I had the pleasure of a visit from the fellow who bought my Demon brand new,a very nice fella by the way. He was only here about 5 minutes and says why did you not put the hood pins back on. I explained to him that they were not on the build sheet or the fender tag. He says they were on the car the day he drove it home,would they have been missed from the build sheet or were they dealer installed??

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of a visit from the fellow who bought my Demon brand new,a very nice fella by the way. He was only here about 5 minutes and says why did you not put the hood pins back on. I explained to him that they were not on the build sheet or the fender tag. He says they were on the car the day he drove it home,would they have been missed from the build sheet or were they dealer installed??

That was before the days of computer controlled production lines.

Could be dealer installed.

Could be production error.

But if the original owner says it had hood pins and it had hood pins when you got it……. It probably came with hood pins.

There are plenty of 'documented' factory 'errors' and the reality is assembling a car is a job and people make mistakes on the job.
Dealers also install items after the fact.

In the end, I'm no expert, and I doubt anyone is on how a car came from the factory.

I met an old time Mopar guy a few years back and asked him his opinion on my green seat belts in my green car with black interior, (dated prior to my build date no less).

Everyone else told me there was no way it came like that, but he reminded me that it could have been a mistake, or the way it actually was built- either by the guy who put the seat belts in that day because that was the way 'he' did it, they ran out of black and would use the exterior color in those situations, or for a brief moment in time they matched the seat belts to the exterior, (on certain colored cars, or not).

Then I find a member on here who has a 68 Barracuda, green exterior, black interior, green seat belts- and he bought it new and has had it ever since.

you could have em dealer installed, if the car came without them, my dad order our Demon back in 1971 hemi orange, vinil top, dog dish 14" body color wheels all the Demon graphics no hood scoop, 340 engine, and a clutch flite trany in it my dad ordered hood pins and the car came without em, so the dealer order the parts and install em in the dealer a week later, all this happens in Puerto Rico back in march of 1971, and i remember it like it was yesterday.

My 72 Demon w/V21 hood option is not coded for hood pins on the b/c sheet, and does not have them.

I would believe that the only way to have determined whether they were factory installed would be by examining the lip of the hole on the hood. My presumption is that the hole would have been punched or drilled prior to the paint process, so some original paint evidence would indicate factory.

I know for sure (and this came up as a topic a couple of years ago) that the scoop holes were factory due to this same reasoning.

Grant

you could have em dealer installed, if the car came without them, my dad order our Demon back in 1971 hemi orange, vinil top, dog dish 14" body color wheels all the Demon graphics no hood scoop, 340 engine, and a clutch flite trany in it my dad ordered hood pins and the car came without em, so the dealer order the parts and install em in the dealer a week later, all this happens in Puerto Rico back in march of 1971, and i remember it like it was yesterday.

Clutch flite from the factory?

-
Back