dealerships ???

-

lamont 71duster

Reaction score
i have to tell you about my dealer ship experience.i have a 2004 dodge ram well i had it worked on by the local dodge dealer that i bought it from last march.well i dont drive it very much so i dont put alot of miles on it.after i got it back it had a shudder to the rear end that it nver had before and just recently it started to make noise again.(only 3k miles on it since they fixed it)so i called them back and told them what it was doing and that i wanted it fixed without having to pay again cause they didnt fix it right the first time.they told me they would fix it but i would have to pay again.so i took it to another dealer to get fixed.and they replaced the exact bearing that dealer #1 did.they said that they over tightned the bearing.is there any thing i can do about that

Take your work order from the second repair back to the first dealer.Tell them you want reimbursment for the repair they did wrong.Talk to the service manager or general manager forget the service writer.If they still wont honor it,call chrysler and tell them the story,then they will get involved
with that dealership and more then likely will pay you back rather then go through the hassle of fighting it.

You probably have a solid small claims case. Tell them they can take care of it with you or with a judge.

if you do go to court make sure you take all the info from the first repair and evidence from the second repair showing the first was done incorrectly. It would be best if you could get the second mechanic as a witness (but a notarized statement would be fine too).

Small claims court is very easy and inexpensive.

You've got some solid answers and good advice for a claim against the first dealership.
A couple of years ago I had some work done on my '95 Ram 2500 at a Chrysler dealership and thought the charges were way too high, both for parts and labor. I called a couple of other dealerships and got verbal quotes for the exact same repair and parts.
I called the service manager at the original dealership, asked him to review the charges and told him about the other quotes. I ended up getting a written apology and a refund of several hundred dollars for the overcharge. Turns out their parts guy was overcharging and pocketing the difference.
It pays to do your research and homework.
Nothing will happen if you don't speak up.

Wait....... A dodge dealer worked on it first and used Mopar parts ? then still ot right and another dealer had to fix ? There are a couple things that should have happened. 1. You should not have left the first dealer. you go to the Service manager and if you dont get satisfaction then you go to Chrysler. Now that being said. Did the dealer say " You will be responsible for the bill unless it is directly related to what we did ?" So many times a customer comes into us and accuses the "new" problem to be something we just worked on. You said 3K miles.... you probably should have noticed that problem early on... no ? So the dealer you are accusing is wondering if it could be the same concern... or possibly a new one. However it sounds like it was a installation error, if the 2nd dealer is indeed telling the true story.

2. MOPAR WARRANTY..... now a installation error is not really "warrantable" (should be a internal cost repair for the installing dealer) however you do have a 12month 12K warranty on any mopar product part installed at a dealership.

3. If the first dealer willl not honor your reimbursement for their so called improper installation then you go to the dealer that actuall fixed the repair and tell the service manager you want to file a Reimbursement claim for the work that was done improperly at the other dealer. If all is legitimate then that isnt a problem. The dealer just has to talk to their district manager about the situation and file a warranty reimbursement for the amount. It does get a little sticky putting one dealer over another, and its unfortunate that the situation wasnt taken care of properly at the first dealer. Just make sure you are using the true and proper story and you can be reimbursed.

again... did the first dealer flat out say no way... or did they say you are responsible for the bill if it turns out to be something else. After 3k miles that is exactly what the service writer should say. Now if the noise was noticed after the first 300 miles..... and you neglected to take it in.... then.........

either way... if story is accurate and true there should be a way in the processes mentioned to get your money.

if you want more ideas... give me a p.m.

-RPM

as far as parts being used they should of been mopar parts since i took it to a dodge dealer.and 3k miles in six, seven months u can tell i really dont drive it that far.so didnt notice the shudder at first.then just 2 weeks ago we drove it to pick up my wifes durango and thats when i really noticed the noise.so i call dealership #1 and talked to service manager and told him the situation and told him i didnt want to pay for warranty deductiable or for anything else that pertained to the rear end because it was there mess up.tried to be nice with the service manager cause he didnt work on it.not his fault.but he told me i would have to pay for something and told me if i would of brought it back in the first 2 or3 weeks they would of done it.so is he saying they only guarantee there work for 2 or 3 weeks?all i wanted was it fixed right not a bunch of head aches

RPM that last comment was not ment to be rude to you.just getting frustated with this whole thing.went there today to pick the truck up and they told me they accedently backed it into another truck so now the truck has to goto the body shop to get fixed.cant win with this truck

I dont take it as being rude so no problem. I realize things like this can be frustrating to no end. I however deal with this every single day of my work week. I know what I am talking about. I also know the customers perspective and the dealer perspectives often do not match. There are ways to rectify the situation even though you will have to jump hoops. A unfortunate circumstance... but not one to go crazy over..... the bent pickup...is just a mistake that can happen.... but still sucks!

Again.... if I can help further send me a p.m.

-RPM

-
Back