Death at Maryland int. Raceway. 70 Duster

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Killed after crossing finish line. He was ejected. Does anyone have any info on this ? Who he was ? I Was told he was from Bethlehem Pa. and drove a 70 Plymouth Duster.

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't know him or his car. As stated may he rest in peace and condolences to his family and friends.

"He was a hardworking, dedicated man," Robinson said. "He died doing what he loved to do."

RIP

Sad that this happened at a track I spent a lot of time at, and made passes at in the 70's/80's...

RIP Lamont! You the man...

Never good loosing someone but there is a certain risk we are all aware of when racing. Like someone else said, at least he was doing what he loved. A million worse ways to go. RIP

...HE died HAPPY, may he RIP!!!!!!!

That is all I ever want to do, is die, happy, and this here is how we all have to look at it in this sense of our "hobby" of auto's he was doing exactly what he loved, sure it took him, but he died with a smile on his face I bet!

Man, at least he was doing what he loved! That being said this is why you need to build your car as safe as you can. The car can be replaced...

That is a sad story.. I wonder if he was using the factory belts or race belts and what failed. Or did he even have a belt on?

RIP
Our local track in Milan Michigan requires a belt. If no belt at gate inspection no racing.

Sounds like this guy was a long time serious racer. I doubt very seriously he made a pass without the proper harness on. Sometimes things just happen.

Sounds like this guy was a long time serious racer. I doubt very seriously he made a pass without the proper harness on. Sometimes things just happen.

Yes, I agree. Lets leave the investigation to the professionals that are looking into the matter.... That is better than suggesting that it could have been negligence on his part... Sad story and the best going forward to his family and friends... :(

-
Back