Decal question on ECU

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picture below is of a ECU decal I recently bought on line and 2 ecu I purchased from #halifaxhops.
On my 72’ 340 Demon which side does the decal go?
On the face side where the plug is on the left or the side the plug is on the right.

My memory says the plug on the left. Decal is facing the engine. Currently mine is aftermarket. Does anyone have a photo of a factory ecu and decal placement? My FSM only shows a loose ecu.
Thanks,
Syleng1

IMG_3859.jpeg

IMG_3860.jpeg

Yeah put it on wrong and Mt. Olympus will fall!!! (This is the right way, I think, stole the pic off the forum)
MVC-005F.JPG

I would think it depends on whether the box originally mounted on the firewall or the inner fender....but then, it might not matter.

I would think it depends on whether the box originally mounted on the firewall or the inner fender....but then, it might not matter.
Thanks Rusty. I’m stuck inside today due to being cold out and doing paperwork at home. Saw part “a” on the window sill and part “b” on the shelf and said, “hell, I can make something happen to move forward.”
Then realized there’s more to it than just laying a decal down.

Just do what I do; maliciously find the wrong stickers for the wrong years and put them on wrong :popcorn:
I tried to find a ford ecu decal but I just could not bring myself to do it. I tried like heck but…. I guess I’m more of a purest than a rebel. lol!

-
Back