Decisions decisions...

-

DragginMAster

Reaction score

ok, so, relying upon the impeccable taste of my fellow mopar fanatics...

which would you put in your car?

the one with the silver plates is not very cleaned up, but it is on a base that is physically perfect, even though it is dull and could you some spit and polish. the plates are pitted and have a few spots with some sort of nasty green corrosion.

The one that is more black, is the one I have been working on, originally a console that used the wood grain decals I stripped the worn faded and abused woodgrain off and painted em mostly black leaving the upper flat edge chrome as well as the area around the shift indicator.

the base is broken and repaired has soem cracks in it.

I am leaning towards putting the one I have put time and effort into, cracks and all, with the knowledge that it would not remain perfect anyway. but... I originally wanted the other plate style...
but...

so...

what would you guys do?

Personally, I like the silver even with a little pitting. Should be able to find some good paint to take it back to that brushed aluminum look. I'm going to try the DuploColor chrome paint on my lower armrests and see if it's all that it's cracked up to be.

I would use the one that has the perfect housing then use ether top that you like in your car. The top plate can be taken off and changed out can't it??

memike said:
I would use the one that has the perfect housing then use ether top that you like in your car. The top plate can be taken off and changed out can't it??
If not,you can paint that one 2,can't you?I think the black painted looks Great.!

-
Back