Dedicated 318 header gasket

-

Cudaroy

Reaction score
I can't seem to cure my exhaust leak at the 3,5 location. I have old Hooker Competition headers. I started with some white Mr. Gaskets and just bought some Percy's Aluminum but it still leaks. You can see the imprint on the header side goes into the gasket hole. These are for 318-360 size ports.Does anyone make a dedicated 318 sized gasket? I am thinking the smaller hole should help.

Look again on the flange. It may very well be bent from over tightening. This would require double gaskets.
I have not seen 318 only header gaskets.

Thanks for the replies.....I have remflex collector gaskets and they really are great....Percy's were recommended but seems the exhaust ports are sitting pretty low on the head for these headers. Guess Remflex are getting a call.

Thanks again.......

Ugh, the white paper gaskets ;)

I use Mr. Gasket ultra-seal on the head flange and collector flange. No leaks yet and I've had them off and re-used them a bunch of times.

I even had a stripped hole on the front of one head so no bolt or stud was in there, still didn't have leaking issues.

some of the gaskets have a divider between the 3,5 ports and the 2,4 ports do you use the one with or with the divider strip? with out that strip does that create an internal leek between the ports.

some of the gaskets have a divider between the 3,5 ports and the 2,4 ports do you use the one with or with the divider strip? with out that strip does that create an internal leek between the ports.
the gaskets without the divider are used for manifolds.

-
Back