Deep pan pickup

-

wigsplitter74

The Mopar Kid
Reaction score
I've got a deep pan for my 340 and no pickup tube, it's about 2" deeper than stock and I'm wondering what I need to use for a pickup tube, can I use a stock one?? Also it doesn't have any baffles in it, anyone suggest I weld some in? and where? Thanks much

Cut the stock pick up,weld 2 inches of tube into it,that extra oil does not do
any good if the pick up is not at the bottom of the pan.Weld baffles in only if you can still get the pan on the engine with the pick up tube in place,sometimes it can be a jigsaw puzzle with the way a pan goes on with the engine in the car.Make sure you keep area for the dipstick as well,drill a hole.

My pan is sumped 2" and we didn't extend the pickup because it came pretty close all ready, don't know why, but the tape measure didn't lie. I also have no baffling. My motor is for street driving so these were not important thing to me. If you are road or drag racing that's another story and your baffles should be set up for your intended use as well as getting your pickup lowered.

Thanks for the responses guys. I do drag race the car so I suppose I should probably extend the pickup. Anyone got any ideas on baffle placement??

I'd think a baffle in the rear, over the sump, parallel to the pan rail should help keep oil from going backwards and out of the pan when you get weight transfer and the nose of the car lifts. Might want to start a new topic though specifically about drag pans and/or do a quick search. Good Luck.

-
Back