Deer hunters ???

-
Well I was going to start working a couple of grass patches this weekend but the T/S blowing thru Mississippi destroyed that idea but a few of my buds and I are heading to Texas on Sat 10th to go hog hunting for the week.

Got the itch??? Hell, I got 2 in the freezer already. Our season opened Aug 15 and runs thru Jan 1.

I never loose the itch to hunt. Taking the boys out in a couple of weeks for Youth Deer season. Then just have to wait till November for Big Boys Hunting. At least I will have pheasant hunting in the middle to break up the long wait.

look what I saw on my way home from hunters ed.... It's like they are just taunting me! Season doesn't open until Oct 15-30th

Attachments

• 100_1920.JPGf.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 128
Well I knocked down my first buck for the year on opening morning. He's kind of small, but couldn't pass him up. Stalked within 35 yards and made a perfect shot. How is this for a blood trail. Now I have to get my Idaho buck, Kansas buck, New Mexico bull and find a Utah Bull for my dad next week. I need another freezer. #-o

Attachments

• 2011 Archery buck1.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 2011 Archery buck.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 140
We call em speed beef here in West By God Virginia! And I've always got the itch. The six was in the bed of the truck at 8:30 am and the nine at 8:00 am the next morning!

Damn! It sure aint that easy here in B.C. The forest hides em real good.

I'm amp'd. Even bought a new bow this year... 2010 PSE Vendetta XS in Skulz Camo..

VendettaXS.jpg

My bow kill from 2010:

scan001001.jpg

My 2 year old boy with the skull of that buck:

ashbuck.jpg

This is what we ended up with this year.

Attachments

• Mike's Bull 2011.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 83
Deer are like birds here! I don't hunt, but I sure don't mind when the hunters thin the herd.
It kind of sounds weird to me when I read some you don't ever see many. If I don't see at least 20 or 30 a day, somethings wrong.
We also have a huge and growing turkey population.
I really loved deer when I was selling parts. We're coming up on deer hit season, it never failed, at least 2 cars a day were coming in because of deer.

Yep,hunting is a rich mans game these days,especially in B.C With the heavy forest and mountains it takes tons of gas just to get where the deer are!!

I don't hunt, but I see deer around my house regularly. I live across the street from a forest preserve. A few months back my dog saw one in my neighbor's yard and scared him to the back yard, I put him inside and saw the deer walking down my street. I tried to see how close I could get to him, and ended up standing 10 feet from him for about 3 1/2 minutes. He then turned and walked/trotted away after seeing another one watching us a yard away.

There is a spot a few streets away in the forest preserve where an old guy a few streets over feeds them that you can sometimes see them at the right time of day. Then in another forest preserve that I pass often, I have seen herds of up to two dozen at a time there. People feed them there also.

It doesn't cost me a nickel in gas to see deer around here...

-
Back