Deer hunting obsession!!

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I have become obsessed with animals like I never thought possible. I hunt four properties around the Ohio river valley. I have been checking trail cameras, scouting, and putting out corn all year and now things are heating up. The first two bucks I have seen a few times on the cameras early in the year then they disappeared. I crossed paths with one two weeks ago and I have never in my life had that type of rush. The third deer just popped up this afternoon. Never seen him on a camera, never seen him in the fields, nothing. Tonight I was trying to decide between two properties and ended up settling on the wrong one. The bruiser in the last picture showed up in the field next to where my stand is tonight and brought another buck that is identical. I haven't been able to think of anything else besides getting my hand on that rack ever since.

IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4304.JPG

IMG_4341.JPG

I don't have time to go anymore!Down here everyone wants to lease their land! Most of my family in Pa don't go anymor es either.I was hunting with them

I don't have time to go anymore!Down here everyone wants to lease their land! Most of my family in Pa don't go anymor es either.I was hunting with them
That is what I've had to do since day one. I use to be able to lease land for 1.00 acre. Now I'm paying 12.00 an acre!

Not a single deer today! Still better than a day at work though
pretty big moon lately. they are feeding at night and moving at dawn and just before dark. BIG BUCKS ain't dumb.
during most of the day they are napping and so am I.

@Ott , Nice one ! Congratulations, I have a few on my game camera, waiting for cooler weather myself..:thumbsup:
Meet Big Jim that has been cruising my area for the last two weeks :) Rut is in here and the doe are bedded down all day, moving around at midnight then the Bucks show by 2 am . Good luck to everyone out there :thumbsup: Gun (Slug only) hunt this weekend here in my zone.

14925552_1437680816247260_3184866047649529581_n (1).jpg

8 pointer crossed the road in front of me last Sat at 1 AM. No pics. Couldn't tell what the one that ran into the side of me 3 weeks ago looked like.

Got several bucks coming onto our property, every night. They love the corn.

I'm a fisherman, and a turkey hunter. Never hunted deer before this year, really just wanted to for the meat. But now all of a sudden I'm really getting into it. I daydream about it when I'm working. I've only seen one doe so far but GA has had some really warm weather up unitl the last couple weeks and I haven't been able to go. My daughter and girlfriend are both gone all weekend so Ill be in the woods all weekend. Hopefully it pays off.

Doog, I got a monster of a buck that keeps coming into my property down here in Moscow.
I've had 2 nice looking does that have been staying close for the past couple years. No fawns yet, got a feeling that's about to change.

-
Back