Define Scat Pack ....

-
Yea but the 340 gts didn,t run in the 13's. It was a mid 14 car at best straight from the factory.

Gotta disagree with you. I trophied at OCIR in early 1970 with my '69 340 Swinger, 3.23 non SureGrip, no headers, running G/Pure Stock at 14.28 @ 98+ mph. Just a really good tune. Wish I still had the trophy - and the car.

Gotta disagree with you. I trophied at OCIR in early 1970 with my '69 340 Swinger, 3.23 non SureGrip, no headers, running G/Pure Stock at 14.28 @ 98+ mph. Just a really good tune. Wish I still had the trophy - and the car.
So you didn't just go to the track and race you just had a really good tune.What did I say.Oh yea I had a 68 gts that ran 12.90s all day The only differance was a posi and 3.91 gears.

The Scat Pack (Dodge) and Rapid Transit System (Plymouth)....

In short was.... A marketing tool for the performance optioned cars. That's about it.

That is correct, it was for advertising and all the cool guys had a window decal.:iconbigg: We used to cruise and beat many a big block chevy in our 340 GTS, remember one night a GTO sent us home with our tail between our legs, OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I can't mention the work Scat Pack around my house without my wife giggling at me. We both have degrees in wildlife biology and wild animal feces are refered to as scats. Talk about a buzz kill.

So you say.I call them what I want.

You are 100% right. You keep calling them a posi and we will keep laughing at you.

Really.... You have done several of these "Get the last word" posts. We are friends here can't we all just get along?

or... Should we all just be nasty to each-other like I am being to you?

You are 100% right. You keep calling them a posi and we will keep laughing at you.

Really.... You have done several of these "Get the last word" posts. We are friends here can't we all just get along?

or... Should we all just be nasty to each-other like I am being to you?
Obviously dartcuda1 is not a drag racer. A '68 GTS that ran 12:90's all day long... And the only difference was a posi "Sure Grip" and 3:91 gears. I don't think so. Takes more than that to run those numbers.

Obviously dartcuda1 is not a drag racer. A '68 GTS that ran 12:90's all day long... And the only difference was a posi "Sure Grip" and 3:91 gears. I don't think so. Takes more than that to run those numbers.
Sorry but you are wrong about that I ownad that car and raced it. and I do know what I am talking about.Sorry

OK that's cool. Tell us more about that car. Did you run slicks? Did you run headers? Any engine mods? I'd like to know more. Thanks.

Sic em Jim :joker::yawinkle:

Terry
Ha Terry, just wondered how he ran 12:90's with his 340 '68 GTS. I ran a modified '69 Dart back in the day and it ran low to mid 12's. I think maybe he's pulling our chain. lol

That is correct, it was for advertising and all the cool guys had a window decal.:iconbigg: We used to cruise and beat many a big block chevy in our 340 GTS, remember one night a GTO sent us home with our tail between our legs, OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!!
Hey I,m cool,I got a window stickerLOL!Scat Pak=Diaper full in backseat!LMAO!!

April 2007 049.jpg

The Scat Pack model line was offered in '71 as well. The 340 Swinger was replaced by the '71 demon. '71 was the final year for the Scat Pack club and cars.

Can i get in on this? I never seen a stock 340 run in the 12's, or big block for that matter, can't get the traction with street tires. Thats how we used to beat the big blocks with our 340 on the street, they would smoke um.

pagilman: Yup, back then you had to modify the 340 to get it in the 12's. You needed slicks, gears and a bit more cam to get it there. Wasn't an easy task.

Can i get in on this? I never seen a stock 340 run in the 12's, or big block for that matter, can't get the traction with street tires. Thats how we used to beat the big blocks with our 340 on the street, they would smoke um.

If your big block competition couldnt launch the car without going up in smoke...they didn't know how to drive. I've got a 340 4-speed Demon, and my old '68 H.O. GTO would pass that Demon in 3rd like it was standing still.

WHy are we debating racing in a thread thas was started about defining the "scat pack"?

Start another thread on this if you you to continue to debate the issue.

-
Back